Glorious thread over at the Phog

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Has anyone beaten KU as much as ISU the past 5 years? From my recollection I'd have to say:

1. ISU
2. WVU
3. TCU

Distant 4th everyone else
Last 5 seasons is 5 for ISU and 4 each for West Virginia and Okie State. The point being that SOME ONE is going to lead that stat. It's not the "you beat us" that annoys some fans. It's the reaction to beating us by some ISU fans that sparks a reaction. That's all.

While the vast majority of ISU fans are pleasant, polite and good natured about the duel between our two programs in recent years just like the vast majority of Kansas fans, there are some on each side that obviously take it too far and take the winning and the losing too far and too seriously. Basing your opinions of the entire fan base off of the actions, statements and behaviors of their lunatic fringe is silly.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The overreaction of a fan base to beating KU is as predictable as a sun rise. It used to be the Mizzou fan bases job and now some ISU fans have picked up the gauntlet and run with it. Heck, even opposing players aren't immune to feeling a little too good about themselves for beating KU. ISU followed a win at KU with a loss at Texas. That's just dumb.
That's because Texas is better than KU.:D

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Quite true. The KU fans I know IRL are nowhere near as pompous and pedantic as you are.
The caricature of me you have created in your mind is fascinating. Completely inaccurate but fascinating nonetheless. So thank you for proving my point.

There's plenty of threads in The Cave available to jump to silly, inaccurate assumptions on posters level of class and character based solely on a few setences posted in a message board discussion. It would be great if that exercise stayed solely over there.

If Kansas ever gets a Saturday game in Hilton, I'd love to buy you a beer and have a good laugh over this character you believe me to be. It would be a hoot.

Reactions: Rick

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
One thing ISU and KU fans can agree on ... Mel Weatherwax is an *******.

I saw one of Roy Williams entire teams turn around and flip off our student section while he laughed his *** off watching them in approval. How is that any better than Weatherwax? If Prohm did that I'd be more embarrassed than I was of Weatherwax, Prohm and Williams are HCs. I guess all that matters is what the media highlights. The truth is that game KU fans now only remember as "the weatherwax game" was very obviously stolen by bogus officiating and covered as such by national media for weeks. It's not an excuse to get violent but our fans and program shouldn't have reacted in a typical way to an incredibly atypical result.

That said, the way KU's team carries itself improved dramatically when Self took over. Williams was a punk and his players reflected it. I'd love to have seen the natural evolution of Aaron Miles punching Jared Homan in the back of the head if it had happened in an alley instead of a game. Jake Sullivan started every game for 4 years and got exactly one T his entire career...responding to that punk play (same game they scored dead ball 3). They were a different team under Roy and not for the better in terms of their behavior.

Last edited:

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
The caricature of me you have created in your mind is fascinating. Completely inaccurate but fascinating nonetheless. So thank you for proving my point.

There's plenty of threads in The Cave available to jump to silly, inaccurate assumptions on posters level of class and character based solely on a few setences posted in a message board discussion. It would be great if that exercise stayed solely over there.

If Kansas ever gets a Saturday game in Hilton, I'd love to buy you a beer and have a good laugh over this character you believe me to be. It would be a hoot.
Tuco is a KU fan. All KU fans smell bad. Tuco smells bad.

Science!

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I "have built my impression" based on your many posts extolling KU's virtues and dismissing any success ISU may have. ISU does not have the recent record of success that KU has. We get that. We don't need you raining on our parade every time we're happy about something basketball related. If you want my opinion to change, quit being such a jackass.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
There are hundreds and hundreds of pages of threads about KU here.

I "have built my impression" based on your many posts extolling KU's virtues and dismissing any success ISU may have. ISU does not have the recent record of success that KU has. We get that. We don't need you raining on our parade every time we're happy about something basketball related. If you want my opinion to change, quit being such a jackass.

Hundreds and hundreds of pages to keep him busy, but feels the need to interject Kboo into every thread.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
Agreed 100%. I do not even participate on phog.net any more because the ratio of idiots to regular people became too high. The inmates run the asylum over there and it got old getting shouted down by lunatics all the time. Most of the reasonable KU fans that used to post there have left. It is not even remotely resembling an accurate representation of the KU fanbase.
That's how I felt here when all the idiots started going off on Prohm -_-

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Without reading the thread, I'm sure it is full of "Weatherwax, BOO, farmer" crap. KU fans continually harp on the same old party line and gross generalizations. They've taken a couple of small instances and blown them way out of proportion. It's a circle jerk of idiots. I know the guys on WHB are all excited that no ISU fans will be taking over the P&L this week. I do root for KU in the tourney, but man, some of their internet fans make it tough.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Without reading the thread, I'm sure it is full of "Weatherwax, BOO, farmer" crap. KU fans continually harp on the same old party line and gross generalizations. They've taken a couple of small instances and blown them way out of proportion. It's a circle jerk of idiots. I know the guys on WHB are all excited that no ISU fans will be taking over the P&L this week. I do root for KU in the tourney, but man, some of their internet fans make it tough.
Swap "KU" for "ISU" and then swap "The Weatherwax incident" and "n-word laced death threats of EJ" for "ref screw job on EJ/Niang play" and "the dead ball three" and you have the same thing posted over there as you see here all the time.

It's no different.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

It's pretty common that one's view of oneself doesn't match how other people view you.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

How would you know what happens in the Cave when:

This thread is about Kansas basketball players. I try to limit my interactions here to threads about Kansas basketball players. It's not that strange.