Georges Niang to be on Pardon My Take podcast Friday 7/22/22

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Ill link it tomorrow morning when I see it. Ray Romano and Frankie Muniz interviews this week were awesome if you have the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberCy79

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Big Cat is an original guy but he has called out Dave numerous times for stuff and there was really bad blood there between the two when Dave went and interviewed Trump (this is not political it's just a fact).

I'd like to see Big Cat try something on his own, and it seems like he's trending that way. With a family and his stated desire to get out of NYC, I'd imagine he's got something in the works. I'll also say for as much as I like PMT, some the "bro" schtick isn't as funny coming from a middle aged dudes.

I know he's been loyal to Dave but I'd have to imagine there's some level of resentment there with the way they were treated by ESPN due to their association with Dave.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'd like to see Big Cat try something on his own, and it seems like he's trending that way. With a family and his stated desire to get out of NYC, I'd imagine he's got something in the works. I'll also say for as much as I like PMT, some the "bro" schtick isn't as funny coming from a middle aged dudes.

I know he's been loyal to Dave but I'd have to imagine there's some level of resentment there with the way they were treated by ESPN due to their association with Dave.
Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but didn't Big Cat say he was moving to Chicago within a couple years and that PMT will continue? I even thought PFT said he might follow him. I'd be shocked if Big Cat leaves Barstool any time soon

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly but didn't Big Cat say he was moving to Chicago within a couple years and that PMT will continue? I even thought PFT said he might follow him. I'd be shocked if Big Cat leaves Barstool any time soon
PFT just had a conversation on his other podcast (Macrodosing) about how him and Big Cat work so well, and why they continue to have success. This was in reference to the Desus and Mero news, which made it seem PFT was implying there wasn't any strife between them and they'd continue for as long as they could.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
PFT just had a conversation on his other podcast (Macrodosing) about how him and Big Cat work so well, and why they continue to have success. This was in reference to the Desus and Mero news, which made it seem PFT was implying there wasn't any strife between them and they'd continue for as long as they could.
Yeah I thought the news was something about Big Cat moving to Chicago, they'd still do PMT remotely after realizing they can do it well, but PFT might move to Chicago anyway

Reactions: srjclone

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
Won’t be able to listen til later in the day but can’t wait for this. Does he talk about his time at Iowa State a decent amount?

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
This doesn't feel like an interview.

It's hanging out with Georges.
Part of it is Georges but Big Cat and PFT are incredible at this. They can make super unlikeable people fun and interesting even. Throw someone personable in like Georges and its normally a really good episode

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Interesting to hear his take on missing NIL in college. And on a related note, does he get paid to do a podcast with those guys? Or is it just his agent getting him some publicity?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It wasn't the most flattering interview in terms of Iowa State, but we did get some mention by Big Cat. That's actually when the interview started to get better once they loosened up a little bit. Good showing out of Georges. A lot of the athlete interviews on PMT can be duds, but I think the AWLs unfamiliar with Georges will like it.

• Agree
Reactions: ZZZ

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Interesting to hear his take on missing NIL in college. And on a related note, does he get paid to do a podcast with those guys? Or is it just his agent getting him some publicity?
He's not getting paid, likely an agent thing. They can be very selective for interviews, so this was a good get for Niang.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA

No he's not getting paid for this. They have a huge audience so it's a way for him to broadcast his brand.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Something I enjoyed about this was Niang's attitude to just grind it out and see what happens even if it meant playing in Europe along with his humility of being all in as a rotation guy.