George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was referring to your tailgate. I figured there would be next to no data available in the concert.

A couple of folks came by to see us based on my post upthread before the concert started, but I didn't make any effort to locate anyone on my own. Mostly I was curious about other experiences from people sitting in different places when I shared where we were sitting. :)
Oh I know. When I say events, it really means once I set foot out of the vehicle. We generally have our group lined up when we get there and I go with the flow with the rest. Got in late because at the last minute the BC family ended up meeting the oldest sons girlfriends family which was initiated by the oldest son to meet up with his gf. Nice family.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think the ticket folks must have been tired of a bunch of people not understanding the ticket procedure. When I walked up, I had everything ready and was going to tap my phone and the guy took my phone and asked if he could do it. Figured he was tired of people fumbling around.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm wondering if his reputation of being a douche would cross him off the list? I'm guessing Luke Combs or Jellyroll
I'm not a Morgan Wallen person but from what I've seen he could get a gigantic crowd.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm wondering if his reputation of being a douche would cross him off the list? I'm guessing Luke Combs or Jellyroll
No Jellyroll. I saw him in forest city and it was trash. I mean it was painful to watch. Besides, I don’t know if JP will want to have jelly rolls non stop announcements of why weed should be legal.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Concerts aren't really my thing. Don't love huge crowds and I would rather just listen to an artist rather than listen to everyone around me sing along off-key...

BUT, if Luke Combs is ever in JTS, I'm there in a heartbeat

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I think the ticket folks must have been tired of a bunch of people not understanding the ticket procedure. When I walked up, I had everything ready and was going to tap my phone and the guy took my phone and asked if he could do it. Figured he was tired of people fumbling around.
This I think was a lot of the slowdown in traffic, parking and tickets. Most of us on here are well versed in what lanes to be in etc. thanks to football and it all goes smoothly.

This was largely people who rarely if ever even go to Ames much less Jack Trice. Also you can’t help anyone. They couldn’t have put out more emails or info to help people prepare and know what to do. Even so there were still people trying to access their tickets via Ticketmaster app or website at the turnstiles “it’s just spinning”.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Opinions:

Via email we were told the grass lots were closed and we'd have to park in vet med. Turning onto S 16th, they waved us into the student lots to park. Never actually used my parking pass. Not a big deal, but just seemed disorganized.

Beer lines: we were the people that did wait in line for an hour for beers. What looked like it would be maybe a 20-30 minute wait just kept going. When you feel like you're always 5 minutes away from getting your beverages, that's why people waited so long. Honestly terrible organization to not think a large portion of the crowd would want a beer. Chalk it up to Jack Trice not knowing how to run alcohol sales? IDK. Disappointed we missed a good part of Stapleton. At least for a concert you can still heart the music unlike a football game where you want to see what's happening on the field.

We dipped during George's set and we beat traffic. Glad we did.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I walked up and he said "oh, you have the tap to pay ready" and stepped back. I tapped, moved to the second ticket, tapped again and he was smiling the whole time. I felt so proud after seeing the 30somethings in front of me fumbling. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Opinions:

Via email we were told the grass lots were closed and we'd have to park in vet med. Turning onto S 16th, they waved us into the student lots to park. Never actually used my parking pass. Not a big deal, but just seemed disorganized.

Beer lines: we were the people that did wait in line for an hour for beers. What looked like it would be maybe a 20-30 minute wait just kept going. When you feel like you're always 5 minutes away from getting your beverages, that's why people waited so long. Honestly terrible organization to not think a large portion of the crowd would want a beer. Chalk it up to Jack Trice not knowing how to run alcohol sales? IDK. Disappointed we missed a good part of Stapleton. At least for a concert you can still heart the music unlike a football game where you want to see what's happening on the field.

We dipped during George's set and we beat traffic. Glad we did.
When I went to the restroom, I looked at the beer sales areas and what I could see was that it was basically disorganized. They had too many counter people and not enough bar backs. Most of the counter people were running out of product and bar backs were scrambling hard to just push product to the counter people. Bad bottlenecks.

Then you had people trying to stock those fridges at times when people were pulling it at the same time. If you are pulling it from the cooler, just push product from the stacks and use the coolers to buy time when the bar backs are bringing more.

Most efficient I’ve seen at places are ones that have an ID line and you get banded, then a ticket sales line where you buy however many tickets you need. Then the beer line is walk up say I want two whatever and you hand them the tickets.

Ticket lines are usually nasty at the beginning but one positive is that you can buy several and you don’t have the pay line to contend with later. Also, most people buy a couple extra tickets just so they don’t have to stand in line so you will have hundreds of tickets not used which is 100% pure profit.

Reactions: Letterkenny

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Did they end up selling the upper deck as well? I thought I saw in the original announcement it would have 70K seats which would imply full stadium plus the field seats.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did they end up selling the upper deck as well? I thought I saw in the original announcement it would have 70K seats which would imply full stadium plus the field seats.
It was full except for the 2-3 most northerly sections.

Reactions: wxman1

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Only gripe was in the North lots they started closest to Hilton so the earlier you got there the further you were from the stadium, made absolutely 0 sense.

Reactions: LSGOST8