General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I work with a good friend of the Voelkers. Wyatt isn't planning on going up. UNI is going to look hard for a transfer heavy.

Chet Buss quitting just screwed so much up there.
Didn't sound like ol chet was gonna quite cut it anyways. What about Ahrenson? Can he get bigger. I was impressed with his fight against Bastida.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tom Crook of VT and Jack Crook of Harvard?
Hellers of Pitt
Bianchi of Little Rock
Fernandez of Cornell
Hill of Little Rock and Oklahoma???
Lamer of Cal Poly ( @BCClone ???)
Miller of Maryland ???
Rooks of Indiana
Stout of Pitt and Princeton

One of these are probably cousins or not related, not sure which one
Yeah, Lamers. Dan always went after twins or they had to be one year apart. He has stopped doing his HS recruiting from my knowledge and has stopped paying all the bills for Team Valley.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Was looking at my phone camera roll just last week and found these pictures 1 from the rule book and one from that match. Clearly their sole purpose of being on my phone was to win arguments on the internet. Good times. View attachment 126773 View attachment 126774
I think the worst part of your 2nd picture is the ref is in perfect position...most times we deal with the ref being out of position but wow just staring right at it

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Very interesting. He’s been on staff in a leadership administration role at UPenn but not actually on the wrestling coaching staff. I could see this working out great from a business standpoint; fundraising and business relationships within the program.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010

Very interesting. He’s been on staff in a leadership administration role at UPenn but not actually on the wrestling coaching staff. I could see this working out great from a business standpoint; fundraising and business relationships within the program.

Penn has put together a nice-looking staff. It will be interesting to see if they can become another Ivy powerhouse.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I should’ve noticed the date. So he’s not wrestling next year?
Your first clue should have been the NCAA doing something sensible for the athlete. They never do that, let alone for a 'minor' sport like wrestling.

Edit: That isn't me supporting Nelson in any way, but the fact of the matter is none of the Iowa or ISU athletes should have lost eligibility because the evidence used to punish them was obtained illegally.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron