Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
5. Gambling violations.
a. For violations of legal age for gambling wagering under section 99D.11, subsection 7, section 99F.9, subsection 5, and section 725.19, subsection 1, the scheduled fine is six hundred forty-five dollars. Failure to pay the fine by a person under the age of eighteen shall not result in the person being detained in a secure facility.
b. For legal age violations for entering or attempting to enter a facility under section 99F.9, subsection 6, the scheduled fine is six hundred forty-five dollars. Failure to pay the fine by a person under the age of eighteen shall not result in the person being detained in a secure facility

There is no specific violation for an athlete gambling under Iowa Code.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

safmusic

May 30, 2006
Why would your drivers license be suspended for that? I may just be dumb, but seems odd to me.
They dont need any reason to take your drivers license I know by personal experience. And takes 6 months at the soonest to get back and need and positive doctors report

HopalongAtc

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2015
5. Gambling violations.
a. For violations of legal age for gambling wagering under section 99D.11, subsection 7, section 99F.9, subsection 5, and section 725.19, subsection 1, the scheduled fine is six hundred forty-five dollars. Failure to pay the fine by a person under the age of eighteen shall not result in the person being detained in a secure facility.
b. For legal age violations for entering or attempting to enter a facility under section 99F.9, subsection 6, the scheduled fine is six hundred forty-five dollars. Failure to pay the fine by a person under the age of eighteen shall not result in the person being detained in a secure facility

There is no specific violation for an athlete gambling under Iowa Code.
It is a direct NCAA violation. No SA’s or athletic department staff may not bet on any NCAA sponsored sport. Everyone is educated on it ever fall & sign that agreement not to bet. I can imagine it is HIGHLY stressed now that gambling is legal in Iowa. Definitely a no-no & there is no excuse because they all knew. Hold out for 4-5 years until you are done with your collegiate career. I worked in several DI schools as an athletic trainer & agreed to not gamble by signing that paper every single year…….

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It is a direct NCAA violation. No SA’s or athletic department staff may not bet on any NCAA sponsored sport. Everyone is educated on it ever fall & sign that agreement not to bet. I can imagine it is HIGHLY stressed now that gambling is legal in Iowa. Definitely a no-no & there is no excuse because they all knew. Hold out for 4-5 years until you are done with your collegiate career. I worked in several DI schools as an athletic trainer & agreed to not gamble by signing that paper every single year…….

No ****.

Someone was asking about it being illegal under Iowa law.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
What if the OWI lead to a vehicular manslaughter would you feel the same. I have lost friends to drunk drivers, I have ZERO tolerance for it, especially this day and age when uber and lyft are around.
When you go out to dinner do you have any libations?

• Dumb
Reactions: werdnamanhill

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What if the OWI lead to a vehicular manslaughter would you feel the same. I have lost friends to drunk drivers, I have ZERO tolerance for it, especially this day and age when uber and lyft are around.

An OWI and an OWI which leads to vehicular manslaughter are two different things and warrant two different punishments imo.

Texting while driving is illegal and can lead to vehicular manslaughter. Should an athlete caught texting while driving get kicked off the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.