Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I can assure you that they don't yet know. As of Friday AM, the DCI had not finalized it's report to provide to ISU (or at least hadn't provided it to ISU). I know that for a fact. Because it would be ISU that would then provide the details to the NCAA, they couldn't know punishments as of Friday AM.
Would isu not know because they self reported or does self reporting just mean they said hey people are gambling here.

Reactions: ACSlater

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Would isu not know because they self reported or does self reporting just mean they said hey people are gambling here.
They’ve self reported that there is an issue with gambling but no other details.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Should an OWI get you kicked off the team?
the thing is- what they did wasn't even illegal- if they were 21.

OWI is at least an illegal thing to have/get.

And I don't think that should get you kicked off the team by any means lol.

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
the thing is- what they did wasn't even illegal- if they were 21.

OWI is at least an illegal thing to have/get.

And I don't think that should get you kicked off the team by any means lol.
Isn't it Iowa law that student athletes cannot bet on sports? If not then the DCI should have nothing to do with it if they were 21.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Isn't it Iowa law that student athletes cannot bet on sports? If not then the DCI should have nothing to do with it if they were 21.
could be

i honestly have no idea - im sure its in this thread somewhere that i have sporadically read

and honestly would make sense b/c i've been over wondering why the hell the DCI is involved in the first place

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
It adds to the uncertainty about the upcoming season, but that is the beauty of college sports. Who knew Brock Purdy would emerge 5 games into his freshman year. Or David Montgomery supplant Mike Wagner game 1.

I am still optimistic. If we lose 5 starters, then we need to be solid in all aspects of the game: offense, defense and special teams. And we can't have any weak position groups.
David Montgomery was so good, I don’t even remember a Mike Wagner

• Haha
Reactions: thisISnextyear

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Not a law expert, but the way I read the Iowa code was that the Sports Betting Company has to have controls in place to prevent any athlete from betting. I couldn't find anything where it actually prohibited the athlete them from betting and making that a crime.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
It adds to the uncertainty about the upcoming season, but that is the beauty of college sports. Who knew Brock Purdy would emerge 5 games into his freshman year. Or David Montgomery supplant Mike Wagner game 1.

I am still optimistic. If we lose 5 starters, then we need to be solid in all aspects of the game: offense, defense and special teams. And we can't have any weak position groups.
Mike Wagner had a great block on Seneca’s run against Tech.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
For such a small severity of a crime as underaged gambling, it seems like a major legal investigation. What is the legal penalty for underaged gambling anyway? A fine and community service?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
For such a small severity of a crime as underaged gambling, it seems like a major legal investigation. What is the legal penalty for underaged gambling anyway? A fine and community service?
A fine between $500-$1000, suspended drivers license for 6 months, and some sort of probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.