Future recruiting - discussion

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
As far as I'm concerned Steve Prohm has done an outstanding job recruiting his first year. Sure we have plenty to thank for with T.J. Otzelberger's efforts but I think in the long run Neill Berry will do just as well if not better pulling recruits from the fine picking grounds south. I really like Berry. Perfect compliment for Prohm IMO.

There's no real secret to attracting 5 star recruits. It takes continuity of success like Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas over long periods of time. A coach also has to sell 5 stars the shortest path to the NBA. That's all most of them want anyway. Oh hell most of those 5 stars probably couldn't make it through four years of college so rush off to the riches of the NBA. Can't blame them. I believe Iowa State will land their fair share of 5 stars in the years to come as long as we keep winning and making deep runs in the NCAA tournament. As for now I'm pleased with the recruits we have. We landed some great players from a diversified markets. With our depth I think we are going to win more games this year than last.

As far as Hoiberg is concerned I can't thank him enough for bringing back the Magic. He's the Mayor and always will be.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Yes, we will. It wouldn’t surprise me if Prohm lander a 5 star in the 2019 and/or 2020 class.
Well it certainly will help that he can get an early start on those classes since the 2018 class is already rounding into shape. I think the early finish on this class is going to pay dividends for next year's class.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
But of course! It's f***ing @cyhiphopp

cwkss.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron