Future at Head Coach

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
David has stated in recent interviews that he plans to pursue coaching after his competitive career is over. I assume that means after he's done chasing World/Olympic medals. IMO he will be an amazing coach and I would predict that he ends up on staff here at ISU and could be our future coach if Metcalf/DSJ decide they don't want to wait for Dresser or get an opportunity elsewhere that they can't pass up. I think DC has all of the skills to be one of the best coaches in the country.
Hopefully, for David's sake, it's a long time before he is done competing. I have a feeling Dresser will be retired for awhile before David leaves the shoes on the mat

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Man I’ve tried to listen to that guys podcast a couple times and can’t stand it. He loves to throw out his term “my guy” like he’s bro’s with all these Penn state guys and Cornell/others. The podcast just seems like a way for him to be bro-bro with the athletes and gives off a d bag vibe

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Man I’ve tried to listen to that guys podcast a couple times and can’t stand it. He loves to throw out his term “my guy” like he’s bro’s with all these Penn state guys and Cornell/others. The podcast just seems like a way for him to be bro-bro with the athletes and gives off a d bag vibe
David's interview this week is really good. Talks a lot about how he prepared for Nationals, etc. He did say he plans to train for Olympic trials in Ames and meeting scheduled with Dresser about other roles and he did mention recruiting coordinator. I recommend a listen.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
David's interview this week is really good. Talks a lot about how he prepared for Nationals, etc. He did say he plans to train for Olympic trials in Ames and meeting scheduled with Dresser about other roles and he did mention recruiting coordinator. I recommend a listen.
I’ll have to give it a listen thanks!

Reactions: cyputz

NEIACyclone

Oct 25, 2012
What podcast is it?

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
He also said he was 100% interested in mma after wrestling

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I believe Dresser stated he was joining the CRTC as an athlete. Not a coaching position
I thought I heard Dresser say "I hired David" during his speech at the Saturday night social. I had a hard time hearing as I was in the back at the time.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Other than CKD being 61, is there any concrete reason to run the retirement take out there?
Everybody loves KD, but he, himself, said he didn't have too many years left (or something to that effect), the staff is stable with the highly respected heir apparent thought to be in place and one of ISU's best ever wrestlers is hoping to stay in Ames beyond his career on the mat.
That's all.

Absolutely nobody is wanting KD out. People are just excited about both the short term and long term futures of the program and it's natural to wonder what they will look like.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I thought I heard Dresser say "I hired David" during his speech at the Saturday night social. I had a hard time hearing as I was in the back at the time.
I believe you mis-heard. What I heard was essentially that he will be a part of the RTC. Which equates to he has a “job and is on payroll” just like the other wrestlers that are part of the RTC.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
I believe you mis-heard. What I heard was essentially that he will be a part of the RTC. Which equates to he has a “job and is on payroll” just like the other wrestlers that are part of the RTC.
The exact words were “I hired David”. You can interpret anyway you want but it appears more than RTC.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
David Carr has done a few interviews with Baschamania. Brooks and Carr have done some together with him. Pretty sure David likes Basch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron