Fun Stats

Latto

Nov 14, 2009
Now, it's safe to assume GMAC will win one more game this season, finishing with a losing record, and that will put his conference record at 17-47 during his four year tenure. That is a 0.266 win rate. The worst win percetage for a coaching tenure at ISU since 1920 is 0.250 by Ken Trickey in his two seasons during the 1970's, which included the single worst season in ISU MBB history at 3-24. GMAC's conference win percentage will be second worst for a coaching tenure over this 90 year span, right behind Trickey.

After this season, there will have been 12 losing seasons since Orr was hired nearly 30 seasons ago, 4 of those will have been by GMAC . . . in a row.

Mike Anderson of Mizzou has won 27 more games than GMAC during the same exact four season tenure.

Not sure on the exact number of wins for OU and KSU since their 2006 coaching change, but I would imagine the number is probably +20ish compared to GMAC's coaching tenure.

The three highest win percentages for a coaching tenure in ISU MBB history, both conference and overall, in no particular order, are: Larry Eustachy, Tim Floyd, and Wayne Morgan.

Like I said, fun stats.

Reactions: cyclonenum1

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Pretty scary isn't it? Why in the world would anyone want to give this man more time? I just cannot fathom it.

Reactions: WalkingCY

JoeBoji

Dec 29, 2009
Take them to a women's game. All of you can have a good time while watching a team that knows each others strengths and a coach that can make adjustments to win games.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Harrison Barnes Curse. Since it came down to Iowa State and North Carolina both teams have since sucked ***. Basically I think we have the same record as North Carolina.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Now, it's safe to assume GMAC will win one more game this season, finishing with a losing record, and that will put his conference record at 17-47 during his four year tenure. That is a 0.266 win rate. The worst win percetage for a coaching tenure at ISU since 1920 is 0.250 by Ken Trickey in his two seasons during the 1970's, which included the single worst season in ISU MBB history at 3-24. GMAC's conference win percentage will be second worst for a coaching tenure over this 90 year span, right behind Trickey.

After this season, there will have been 12 losing seasons since Orr was hired nearly 30 seasons ago, 4 of those will have been by GMAC . . . in a row.

Mike Anderson of Mizzou has won 27 more games than GMAC during the same exact four season tenure.

Not sure on the exact number of wins for OU and KSU since their 2006 coaching change, but I would imagine the number is probably +20ish compared to GMAC's coaching tenure.

The three highest win percentages for a coaching tenure in ISU MBB history, both conference and overall, in no particular order, are: Larry Eustachy, Tim Floyd, and Wayne Morgan.

Like I said, fun stats.
Other fun stats:
I conned my brother into eating not one, but two pieces of sheep ****.
It was actually me, I don't have a brother.
It is easier to go down the Mississippi than up the Missouri.
The food in New Orleans alone is worth the trip.
You can pay good money in St Louis to see pigs go at it dressed as the king and queen of France.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
So, how many posts will we have in here before it gets closed down like all the other coaching change threads have seemed to be this afternoon....

Can we get a Cybookie on that?

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
These stats are why my wife and kids are afraid to watch an ISU men's bball game with me!

I have to admit I have the same problem with my wife. I keep telling her that if she cared about ISU b-ball as much as I do, she would act the same. But truth is, I probably do take it to the extreme with f-bombs and few "not another ******* missed layup" screams.:smile:

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Pretty scary isn't it? Why in the world would anyone want to give this man more time? I just cannot fathom it.
I'm also pretty sure you can't fathom what happened to this program after Morgan was fired either. That was a minimum 5 year set back for any mid-level major conference team which is what we are. I wish we hadn't fired Morgan and I hope we don't fire Mac, I don't think we can weather that storm right now.