Full Court (Im)Press: Restaurant Group Crushing It in Tough Times

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Everyone goes to the East Village now and the only places that will make it (in my opinion) are the long established establishments like Fong's, Royal Mile, Bait Shop, etc. Tough to break in and gain traction when much of the business is across the river.
East Village is so 2022. Ingersoll is where it's at.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
In the 1980's "renaissance" of court avenue, the Court Center building was the home to "Gringo's" and right next to it at 210 Court was "Judge Roy Bean's". And your court ave party warm up during the summer months at Nollen Plaza was "senoiM seD" every Friday after 5pm. Downtown was rocking back then.

Heard stories of what an armpit it was back in the 70's, sounds as if it's heading in that direction.

I used to bartend at Juke Box Saturday night. It's now the location of Annies Irish pub. It was the place to be. Where the district bar is on Court used to be Nacho Mama's. It was a pretty good time. Then they remodled everything and made it better, now it appears to have gone way down hill again.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I used to bartend at Juke Box Saturday night. It's now the location of Annies Irish pub. It was the place to be. Where the district bar is on Court used to be Nacho Mama's. It was a pretty good time. Then they remodled everything and made it better, now it appears to have gone way down hill again.

Was that the place with the partial 57 Chevy as an awning over the entrance?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I went to Tipsy Crow to see a band a couple years ago. I just feel old when I go to Court Ave now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron