Friday QOTW 7/25 - What are you doing with your life?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I've been playing Lumosity for about 10 months now; the free version, which gives you three games a day versus the five for a paying account.

Takes about 15 minutes a day, but I have seen big improvements in my memory and attention to details.

I would heartily recommend it to everyone.

hmmmmmm I'm going to have to try this. I've seen the commercials for it and figured it was a scammy thing.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
None of your damn business, and get off my lawn!

Actually - enjoying owning the '55 for the first summer ever. Took it to a car show last WE 80 miles away and got a meaningless award, but just the fact that it starts when I turn the key, runs down the road without stalling out at the next stop sign, and doesn't run so damn hot gives me confidence to drive it now.

Next week is the big test. Driving it up to Cowgirl's neck of the woods to the National Crown Victoria Association ('54-56 Ford Owners) gathering in Middleton WI. About 160 mi each way. Quite the test in a 59 year old vehicle, not to mention my 58 Y.O. *** on that flat seat. Will probably stop a couple times just to get out and walk around/stretch.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Reflecting on how much free time I used to have and how I managed to **** away so much of it. Seriously, I should be fluent in three languages and be able to play the guitar, harmonica and sax with all the free time I had. Now I'm grateful if I get an hour to myself in the morning before anyone else in the house wakes up.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Enjoying the people around me. Parents and uncles and aunts are all 80+ years old.

Been looking at all of the "stuff" around my house and wondering how it has accumulated. Getting ready to make a pretty dramatic change to simplify things. Never thought my average size 3 bedroom house would be too big, but it just ends up being a place to store more stuff. Really want to make life about the experiences and people.

Oh, and I turned 40 and climbed a mountain last weekend.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Wondering why people don't respect the fact that only Angie is supposed to start friday question threads.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wondering why people don't respect the fact that only Angie is supposed to start friday question threads.

My first Question of The Week was March 29th 2013.... I think I've been doing it awhile. The farthest I've seen for Angie is 2008 but it was just 1 thread. She started being consistent on March 29th of 2013 as well.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I'm being insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
I've been asking myself this question a lot lately.

Currently in a love/hate relationship with my job. May be leaving in the spring...most likely to head back to grad school in a year or two and try to gain in-state residency wherever I want to go before I enroll.
Miss ISU football and basketball. It's just not the same on TV.
Signed up for CF.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Man, some of you guys are so, like, serious. You know, man, like, ever since I moved out here I stopped wearing a watch, man. I'm just living life the way God intended, man. I'm drinking rum, banging ******* and living da salt life, bruddah.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Enjoying it.

Life is an incredible gift. But we waste it running around trying to leave our mark on the universe and spending too much time on the coulda, woulda, shoulda's.

Life is what is it. And no matter what we do, or who we are, in a few generations, our names will be forgotten. Sooner or later, we will all be strangers to our descendants.

So, the best thing to do is to enjoy life. The small things. The feel of the sun on our face, the wind at our back, the tastes and smells and sounds, the knowledge that will soon be lost to us as our atoms transform and return to stardust.

That's what I'm doing with my life. I'm enjoying it. It is my greatest achievement.

:pcool:

I am usually quite a positive person but traveling up and down the coast costs money. Plus I have a mortgage and three dogs. I would love to get an RV and just cruise around but that's not really realistic.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Iowa Games soccer this weekend, broke the bursa sack in my elbow in my first game last year and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced, hoping not to duplicate that this year.

Work. Beer. League of Legends, Hearthstone, Clash of Clans, Candy Crush. Two weddings in August. Girlfriends birthday party next weekend. Haven't had a weekend of nothing at home since some time in May. I love being home.

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
hmmm....good question.

Trying to enjoy the summer right now. It has gone damn fast.....oh well, keeping busy all the time does that to ya. Right now riding out work (been in same job for 17 years this fall), fixing up rental houses (two at the moment), fixing up my own house (needs yard help, paint, and gutters), fixing on cars (old Cadillac and such), selling some extra junk (few extra cars, parts, sound/music gear), playing drums on occasion with the boys, etc.

Looking forward to some Cyclone football and basketball in the fall!

Help Support Us

Become a patron