Friday QOTW 4/25 - What is difficult for most people but easy for you?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Another random one: I know zip codes. Thanks to work I can identify several zip codes just given the city and state.

Similar to you, due to work I can name all 99 counties in Iowa, their numbers (ex: Story is 85, Polk is 77), and most of the county seats.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
1. You know Olin?
2. Yeah, you are pretty accurate

Vaguely....Originally from Dubuque county, currently in Johnson county, and had a old friend that lived in that area. Had to look it up when I heard where he was moving. I think I've driven thru there once on my way to Savanna/Sabula when we decided to not take the interstates.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Regarding zip codes, I've gathered that eastern Iowa is 52---, central Iowa is 50---, and western Iowa is 51---.

i guess it seems sort of obvious, but I don't know how often folks catch it.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Test taking. Lots of people have test anxiety, I have the opposite of that. I always would rather take a test than write a paper or project, or even sit in class. It's not so useful in the business world, unfortunately.

Business wise, I am a good strategic thinker. People get wound around the axle on strategy, but it's really simple to me. I didn't even know I was good at it until someone pointed it out to me.

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
Taking tests. Even in subjects I was terrible at, like math. I retain the information and can recall it, but cannot eloquently put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, whatevs) or speak about a subject.

A recent example, is anyone here familiar with the WorkKeys tests? I took the Reading for Information test, among others, and finished a 60 question test in just over 10 minutes. Got every question right, and they made me re-take it, with a different set of questions, to prove that I hadn't cheated somehow. The second time, I decided to time myself, I came in at 9 minutes and 52 seconds. Again, didn't miss a single one.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I only have to take a crap about every 6-8 days, even as a baby

dog-giving-a-surprised-look.gif

That ain't right.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Apparently being a jerk comes naturally to me. Or so I've been told. Several times.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I love doing all the work to get ready for big tailgates and find it very easy to get there by 4am for 11am games, even if I had a business trip that gets me home late Friday nights (which happened twice last year). Most people I know, even those who come to the tailgates, just can't imagine setting up that early and doing all the work. Even after the game, I find it easy and enjoyable to clean up and put things away.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
Really good at maps, taking tests, have something of a photographic memory.
I've always been able to talk to adults really easily. I often find it much easier and more interesting to talk to adults than people my own age.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron