NCIS:LA count as a spinoff? One of the best shows on TV
Also CSI:NY was great. No idea why it didn't last

Huge fan of Frasier.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
"Yeah, yeah, Joanie loves Chachi, but does Chachi give a flyin' **** about Joanie?"
dodgeball-chachi.gif

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Frisky Dingo on adult swim had a 2 episode spinoff called The Xtacles that was hilarious. The production company went bankrupt so it never got more than 2 episodes though.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
I loved him and David Cross in the D&D episode. Admittedly, I'll probably love David Cross in whatever, but they were a good pairing.

Have you seen The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I actually didn't hate it.

What about Archie Bunker's Place?

It's hard to say on Archie Bunker's Place. If I remember correctly they renamed All in the Family because everyone else left. Didn't they say that Archie bought the bar after Edith died?

I remembered Laverne and Shirley but I had forgotten that Mork and Mindy was actually a spin off from Happy Days.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I liked a couple of the Star Trek spin-offs really well. Deep Space Nine, Next Generation. Even Voyager held my interest.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It is hard to pick out bad spinoffs because the really bad ones got pulled in 2 weeks. Happy Days had a couple of pretty bad spinoffs, and some good ones. Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley where pretty good, Joanie loves and out of the blue not so much.

Here is Entertainments list, which contains a lot of the ones already mentioned. Business Insider has a lot of the same shows too. I guess bad is bad. No one seems to leave off Joanie love Chachi, so I guess they win.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Is King of the Hill really a spin-off? I know it's the same guy behind them, but I never watched Beavis and Butthead.

He was the neighbor on Beavis and Butthead, and was included in the Beavis and Butthead do America movie. I'd call it a spinoff.

I think King of the Hill was an even bigger success that Beavis and Butthead was, thus it's an awesome spinoff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron