Friday OT - Are you an expert?

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
While at ISU, my wife's sister was an AO-Pi member and always had computer problems. Word got out around the house that I was good with fixing computers (mainly software) and wound up helping out others. Therefore, I was granted the title "AO-Pi's Computer Guy."

Outside of that, i'm also the "fajita master" for both sides of the family.

CloneHead

Apr 11, 2006
I am an expert in Excel and have written a lot of VBA code and have done some custom functions.

I am also an expert in learning curves and understanding the mathematics of learning curves.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
smoking pork ribs (typically St. Louis ribs)

Actually I just said that to get in on the competition and taste of bunch of ribs.

My true talent is drinking a beer (held by my left hand) while mowing my yard, steering the mower with my right hand! Pretty bad ***, I know!

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
On what topic do you feel like you're an expert, an aficionado? Anything from cars to making quesadillas, it doesn't matter - what's your "thing" on which you feel like you can speak as an authority?

I, for one, can make toast better than just about anyone on Earth. You should all be jealous. Also, I know a lot about car seat safety.

I am not jealous since I have the greatest toaster ever made, the 1949 Toastmaster 1B14! It was a wedding present to my parents (sold for over $20 back then, not cheap) and shipped off to college with me when they got a newer looking piece of modern crap. Today it sits on the counter of my very contemporary kitchen as an everyday working heirloom that will give your toaster a run for its money!

:smile:

4t1b14ad.jpg

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm also a beast at Madden. But I suck donkey balls at NCAA but I enjoy NCAA more. I've even beaten a friend using a NFL Europe team vs the All Time Steelers. I beat him by 70. He turns around and beats me by like 40 in NCAA.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I'm an expert in making and remembering keyboard hotkeys for various programs. Also, minesweeper. I can beat anyones times in minesweeper.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am not jealous since I have the greatest toaster ever made, the 1949 Toastmaster 1B14! It was a wedding present to my parents (sold for over $20 back then, not cheap) and shipped off to college with me when they got a newer looking piece of modern crap. Today it sits on the counter of my very contemporary kitchen as an everyday working heirloom that will give your toaster a run for its money!

:smile:

4t1b14ad.jpg

Okay, that does look pretty sweet, but it's all about technique. I smell a toast-off. :)

Seriously, though, I bet that looked fly in your dorm.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Expert is a relative term. On here the only thing I am an expert at is aviation related topics.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Can you fall asleep standing up?

My co-worker had an employee who was an expert at falling asleep, but the standing up thing was his huckleberry. He fell asleep standing up, running a machine, and someone happened to witness it...said it was like a tree being fell (if that tree happened to be an Iowa fan with an enormous gut)...just straight over backwards. Funniest thing is my co-worker had to fill out a safety incident report about it because he bumped his head on the way down. (nothing serious...I mean, that wouldn't be funny)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron