Friday OT #3 - Commercials

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My husband marvels at my ability to tune out commercials, yet I have to mute nearly every sporting event because I can't stand the announcers and somehow can't tune them out. Right now I have the French Open on mute.

I love the commercials with Kevin Durant having to change the bulb and clean the gutters, as well as the guy with all of the little kids talking, and yet I pay so little attention to the message, I have no idea what they are advertising.

I think the commercial would be more effective if it stopped when the wife says she has something for Kevin Durant to do. Of course, then it has to take my mind into the gutter ... literally.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Can anyone listen to a Farmer's Insurance commercial, and not finish singling along with, "We are Farmer's..."?

"...Bum ba-bum bum bum bum bum"

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
It should be illegal for any radio commercial to have siren sounds or any common ringtone sounds in them.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I think the commercial would be more effective if it stopped when the wife says she has something for Kevin Durant to do. Of course, then it has to take my mind into the gutter ... literally.

Every time I see this commercial, all I can think about is how that Mom tells the kid to go play, because its obvious she wants to get frisky.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
"She sounds hideous!"

"Well she's a guy so..."

Those are the best ones on TV and they're for AT&T. This is my favorite one:

[video=youtube;CaQ5AZgwEfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQ5AZgwEfE[/video]

The best one is the radio version of the commercial:

Guy: What happens if you're fast?
Kid: They put your face on a cereal box.
Guy: What happens if you're not fast?
Kid: They put your face on a can of corn.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I
The Allstate commercial I like is the couple discussing her driving habits, and she then takes on Dennis Haysbert's voice. "Silence!"

Every time I see Dennis Haysbert I think of skit on Conan O'Brien:

[video=youtube;pNbIxe5vQ2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbIxe5vQ2I[/video]

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
The commercials that I hate the most are the Progressive with Flo on the radio where she sings.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Ive loved the the Coke Zero commercials with H Jon Benjamin (archer) as the voiceover.

[video=youtube;xGekki_09Ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGekki_09Ho[/video]

TheFan

May 7, 2013
Sonic Commercials actually make me upset. How could anyone ever find them even remotely entertaing is beyond me?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Can we agree State Farm has the best group of people making their commercials? Discount Double Check, Hot Tub, Old Man, Chris/Cliff Paul, Jake From State Farm,

have they had a commercial that hasn't been popular yet?

As a State Farm customer it makes me sad that I sing the jingle and nothing happens. :smile: