Friday OT #2 - The World's On Fire, How 'Bout Yours?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My cousin entertained me with his Facebook posting from Iowa on his latest smoking project. A small alligator. Iowa style, 100% wrapped in bacon. Damnist thing but amused me.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The change to "working from home" has stressed the home internet enough that I had to upgrade.
The dogs think this is wonderful. I'm not so sure it will be once I start hosting zoom meetings for class questions.

We're instructed not to use synchronous methods like meetings, but recordings instead.
I'll be curious when zoom crashes. I have 9:30 AM for my guess.

Unless there's a real ethical issue with it, I think I'll use a private YouTube channel to post the lecture videos. That site ain't crashing.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
We're instructed not to use synchronous methods like meetings, but recordings instead.
I'll be curious when zoom crashes. I have 9:30 AM for my guess.

Unless there's a real ethical issue with it, I think I'll use a private YouTube channel to post the lecture videos. That site ain't crashing.
We’ve been using Centurylink for 9 years but with both of us working from home it had to get changed.
I share the same concern you do, but got frustrated with it taking close to 2 hours to upload a 40 min lecture to YouTube.

My spouse needs to use zoom for student advising meetings.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We’ve been using Centurylink for 9 years but with both of us working from home it had to get changed.
I share the same concern you do, but got frustrated with it taking close to 2 hours to upload a 40 min lecture to YouTube.

My spouse needs to use zoom for student advising meetings.

I read some report (which sounded a bit off) warning that zoom videos were taking 48-72 hours to upload. That seems far-fetched for this weekend, but not for the week once we're all rolling.

So much uncertainty. This will be fun and stuff.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is it just me or has the clock just moving really slow the last couple of weeks? Just cleaned the inside of our washer I am so bored.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I read some report (which sounded a bit off) warning that zoom videos were taking 48-72 hours to upload. That seems far-fetched for this weekend, but not for the week once we're all rolling.

So much uncertainty. This will be fun and stuff.
Ugh.
We need a stress emoji for this forum.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron