Friday OT #1 - I'm Melting!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't think we've had the water issue since that rain storm! Knowing them, they probably thought it'd be NBD and waited too long watching the skies and didn't want to risk the run to the house.

In that case they probably had to bury the Hustlers deeper and got caught off guard.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Somehow I just never saw you as a catcher. Makes me think of you in a whole new light. :)

I didn't play softball past middle school, just because we had so many people who were better than I am - but I was pretty close to the ground already! ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mine is nowhere near that good, but I was catcher on our softball team when I was younger. One June day it was about 99 degrees in the shade, super humid. I finished catching the game and then had heat exhaustion afterwards. My grandpa and grandma happened to just be visiting from Arizona, where my grandpa was always super-active playing slow pitch, and had been in sports his whole life - he still talks about how that's the hottest he's ever been at the ball park.
People who live in the desert scoff at the 90's or low 100's temps we get in the midwest but they have no idea what humidity does to you at those temps.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: TykeClone and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
People who live in the desert scoff at the 90's or low 100's temps we get in the midwest but they have no idea what humidity does to you at those temps.

I absolutely agree. They were both originally from Iowa, and had forgotten how just horrible it is. You're just so drained!

Help Support Us

Become a patron