Fox Sports 1

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
I watch anything with Charissa Thompson. How did she get into those pants!?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Guess I have the complete opposite opinion about Harrington.

If Harrington was the ******** on the broadcast who was talking about time of possession and said "sometimes, as a defensive player, you don't want your offense to get the big play," then yes, Harrington is a *******.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
So, I've been trying to support this channel over ESPN, and I do seem to be watching ESPN less and less, which is good. If anything, I love the option to switch to another sports channel. But, what I don't understand...for a channel that wants to compete with ESPN and has the money to do so...why would you not make at least one daily college football specific show? They have "Fox Football Daily"...but that ends up more NFL than not, and has the NFL guys (not the personalities you want talking about the college game). They also have "Fox College Saturday," but that is a Saturday studio show that doesn't hold up at all to ESPN College Gameday.

In general, they feel too boxed in right now. Using the same studio/sets/personnel for everything makes it too monotonous. I'm just shocked their marketing/programming department didn't realize this and at least match the variety of ESPN. A guilty pleasure of mine is College Gameday, and they just upped the anti by starting their full show at 9am (est)...why not have a Fox Sports 1 version (at least to a lesser extent) that is based on the campus of one of their big, programmed games for the day? That would probably be WV at Oklahoma tonight. Or, do something unique and different...but whatever that is, I don't think that it could ever be unique while stuck in a studio. They need to have their NFL personnel, their college personnel, and their switch-hitters, all clearly defined.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So, I've been trying to support this channel over ESPN, and I do seem to be watching ESPN less and less, which is good. If anything, I love the option to switch to another sports channel. But, what I don't understand...for a channel that wants to compete with ESPN and has the money to do so...why would you not make at least one daily college football specific show? They have "Fox Football Daily"...but that ends up more NFL than not, and has the NFL guys (not the personalities you want talking about the college game). They also have "Fox College Saturday," but that is a Saturday studio show that doesn't hold up at all to ESPN College Gameday.

In general, they feel too boxed in right now. Using the same studio/sets/personnel for everything makes it too monotonous. I'm just shocked their marketing/programming department didn't realize this and at least match the variety of ESPN. A guilty pleasure of mine is College Gameday, and they just upped the anti by starting their full show at 9am (est)...why not have a Fox Sports 1 version (at least to a lesser extent) that is based on the campus of one of their big, programmed games for the day? That would probably be WV at Oklahoma tonight. Or, do something unique and different...but whatever that is, I don't think that it could ever be unique while stuck in a studio. They need to have their NFL personnel, their college personnel, and their switch-hitters, all clearly defined.

Give it time. Setting up a studio show is much easier than on campus. After seeing ESPN this morning dedicating at least a half hour to next week's Aggie Bama game, I just can't watch anymore. Even with them sitting in Ann Arbor their SEC love affair just keeps spilling over.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Flipping back and forth between ESPN and Fox Sports 1 this morning and all i can think is how I wish there were BPL games on instead.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Give it time. Setting up a studio show is much easier than on campus. After seeing ESPN this morning dedicating at least a half hour to next week's Aggie Bama game, I just can't watch anymore. Even with them sitting in Ann Arbor their SEC love affair just keeps spilling over.

Yeah, that is understandable...I hope they evolve. Overall it is a good alternative.

But the points about changing personnel, having a daily college specific show, and updating marketing/sets to be catered to each show...those are still some manageable things they should have done, and I'm shocked they didn't. Before I get roasted, I'll preface this by saying I know this is small and nitpicky, but it has always bothered me...they are still using their NFL song and Football Robot animations for college coverage, something small that could have (should have) changed. Little marketing/branding things like that help connect to your viewers, and when I hear that jingle and see the robots, I think NFL and my mind gets prepared for NFL coverage. Same when I see Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, and Jimmy Johnson. They'll never cross over to college coverage in my mind.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
They use that song for all sports. Watch more sports on Fox.

Yeah, that is understandable...I hope they evolve. Overall it is a good alternative.

But the points about changing personnel, having a daily college specific show, and updating marketing/sets to be catered to each show...those are still some manageable things they should have done, and I'm shocked they didn't. Before I get roasted, I'll preface this by saying I know this is small and nitpicky, but it has always bothered me...they are still using their NFL song and Football Robot animations for college coverage, something small that could have (should have) changed. Little marketing/branding things like that help connect to your viewers, and when I hear that jingle and see the robots, I think NFL and my mind gets prepared for NFL coverage. Same when I see Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, and Jimmy Johnson. They'll never cross over to college coverage in my mind.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
They use that song for all sports. Watch more sports on Fox.

Not true...that is their "football" theme that started out only with NFL, and now they use a close variation of that that for college, NASCAR, and UFC...but they have different themes for Baseball and Soccer.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
NBC Sports Network. If you get that, they have lots of Premier League games on Saturday mornings.

Yeah, but not this Saturday morning...

I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but these pre-game shows now are painful to watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron