For alligations related to a Big12 school start on page 21

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Of KU, Falmagne said: “Coach Self is not about that (paying players). That is one of the things I really appreciate about him. He is, like ‘Coaches are gonna offer you this.

Thanks for posting this again.
Gives you a chance to enlighten us on how does Bill know other coaches are offering recruits "this"?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article208651654.html

KU Athletics continuing to work on Adidas contract extension

This is just mind-numbing to me. Ku seems to be saying that it doesn't matter Adidas has caused us incredible problems and besmirched our good name, and even though we are the victim of their dastardness, at Ku it's all about the money and continuing this fine relationship. The classic case of tin ear syndrome or is it just f.... you, we are Jayhawk basketball! o_O

This is the smoking gun to me. Adidas has caused us a ton of trouble doing things we had no knowledge of, but we are good with signing a $191 million deal with them. If it walks like a duck.....

Also, A.D.I.D.A.S.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article208651654.html

KU Athletics continuing to work on Adidas contract extension

This is just mind-numbing to me. Ku seems to be saying that it doesn't matter Adidas has caused us incredible problems and besmirched our good name, and even though we are the victim of their dastardness, at Ku it's all about the money and continuing this fine relationship. The classic case of tin ear syndrome or is it just f.... you, we are Jayhawk basketball! o_O

How about, "We're in this together and Adidas has a **** load of dirt on KU?

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: surly and CTTB78

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
How about, "We're in this together and Adidas has a **** load of dirt on KU?

So ku has been with Adidas since 2005 and this is the first season this has happened? A rogue Adidas employee just decided that this was the year he wanted to put ku over the top? It's kind of funny that their streak almost exactly correlates with the time they have been with Adidas. These dudes are dirty, really dirty.

Last edited:

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
So ku has been with Adidas since 2005 and this is the first season this has happened? A rogue Adidas employee just decided that this was the year he wanted to put ku over the top? It's kind of funny that their steak almost exactly correlates with the time they have been with Adidas. These dudes are dirty, really dirty.

Weird, huh. :)

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
The above translation: Nothing to see hear folks. I will need the crowd to disperse.
baghdad%2Bbob.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Prone2Clone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This recruiting 'stuff' goes back a long time and is the reason there's such a 'frosty' relationship between Bruce Weber and Bill Self. Here's an excerpt from a column written in 2005 about Sherron Collins sudden change of heart.

When (Sherron) Collins came to Illinois on a previous visit, he told the coaches he wanted to commit. Right then. On the spot. Let’s get it over. This is where I want to be. But his coach, Crane Tech’s Anthony Longstreet, told Collins he wouldn’t let him commit just yet. He wanted to wait.
Quote:
But somewhere along the line — and somehow — Collins was convinced he should be at Kansas. Don’t waste your time analyzing this from a basketball standpoint. Of course Weber’s motion offense appears to be a better fit for a guard who covets a professional career, just as it was for Deron Williams and Luther Head and Dee Brown (and Chester Frazier and Jamar Smith, etc…) This isn’t about basketball. It’s about a coach steering a kid someplace and whenever that happens you have to wonder why? Why overrule a young man’s instincts? Guide, but don’t decide, that should be the coach-player rule.
Quote:
I’m not accusing anyone because I have no proof of misbehavior. But I am always uncomfortable when outside influences seem to make the recruiting decision rather than the player himself. And one can’t help wonder why that outside influence felt so compelled to dictate the young man’s decision.

https://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=570

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Thanks for posting this again.
Gives you a chance to enlighten us on how does Bill know other coaches are offering recruits "this"?
You trying to paint this as "the only way Self knows this happens is if he is doing it" might be the most pathetic attempt at debate I have experienced in some time.

Everyone in the sport is aware it happens. Everyone in this thread is aware it happens. Why would Self NOT be aware it happens? Drop this embarassing line, it only makes you look silly.

• Disagree
Reactions: cymac2408

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You trying to paint this as "the only way Self knows this happens is if he is doing it" might be the most pathetic attempt at debate I have experienced in some time.

Everyone in the sport is aware it happens. Everyone in this thread is aware it happens. Why would Self NOT be aware it happens? Drop this embarassing line, it only makes you look silly.

On a different note who's your projected guards next year with Vick and Newman gone?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This is the smoking gun to me. Adidas has caused us a ton of trouble doing things we had no knowledge of, but we are good with signing a $191 million deal with them. If it walks like a duck.....

Also, A.D.I.D.A.S.
Before any of this happened last year, the contract with Adidas was for tens of millions more and for coverage of more sports than what Nike was offering. We are one of their last Big Fish. Now, I am sure it would be even worse.

It would cost the university tens of millions of dollars to switch over to Nike right now.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Before any of this happened last year, the contract with Adidas was for tens of millions more and for coverage of more sports than what Nike was offering. We are one of their last Big Fish. Now, I am sure it would be even worse.

It would cost the university tens of millions of dollars to switch over to Nike right now.

This should be the time when you try to save a little face with the C.F. crowd and what little dignity you have left and say something like, "this is really bad. We have been caught cheating and I sure hope that it doesn't go as deep as we all know it does."

But you won't.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

So what you saying in your silly and sad defense of KU pay-to-play is--"everyone in the sport", including Bill, did know payments were being made to his players?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
So what you saying in your silly and sad defense of KU pay-to-play is--"everyone in the sport", including Bill, did know payments were being made to his players?
What I am saying is what I typed. We were discussing the fact that there are coaches out there who would pay a player and that Bill Self, Steve Prohm and the old lady I know with who watches the sport 3 weeks a year are all aware of that general fact. How you morphed from that to it being about whether Self knew about specific payments to specific players. It is a leap of logic made without the aid of any actual logic.

You seem to be having a real hard time getting thought processes mixed together so we should end this waste of time back and forth. Dragging you through a consistent train of thought, or even a consistent awareness of what we're talking about, is exhausting and I am bored with it. People like you and Trump think that this childish flailing from one unrelated topic to another pieced together with clumsy but salacious buzzwords makes for an actual supporting argument to their ridiculous conclusion but you're mainly just getting laughed at.

• Funny
Reactions: Ozclone

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This should be the time when you try to save a little face with the C.F. crowd and what little dignity you have left and say something like, "this is really bad. We have been caught cheating and I sure hope that it doesn't go as deep as we all know it does."

But you won't.
The conversation was about the continued contract work with Adidas, not what I generally think about the entire situation. I have commented on that when the conversation was about that. And "we" haven't been caught cheating at all. We have a player who played last year whose guardian is alleged to have accepted money. At worst, Kansas is guilty of playing a player who they believed was eligible to play. I have not seen one shred of evidence or one word of a statement from the FBI that there is any reason to believe that Kansas knowingly broke any rules. If you are aware of something that does then please provide a link because I would like to see it to learn more about what is happening or what happened.

People think that Kansas is continuing to move forward with that contract with Adidas because it shows they are complicit with nefarious acts but it is actually being done because athletic departments run on money and I doubt their annual budget can survive without radical changes if they switch over to Nike. Those tens of millions of dollars fund entire sports in the athletic department. So who should get the axe so we can save face and go back to Nike at a massively discounted rate, the golf team? The baseball team? (insert "the basketball team" joke here).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What I am saying is what I typed. We were discussing the fact that there are coaches out there who would pay a player and that Bill Self, Steve Prohm and the old lady I know with who watches the sport 3 weeks a year are all aware of that general fact. How you morphed from that to it being about whether Self knew about specific payments to specific players. It is a leap of logic made without the aid of any actual logic.

You seem to be having a real hard time getting thought processes mixed together so we should end this waste of time back and forth. Dragging you through a consistent train of thought, or even a consistent awareness of what we're talking about, is exhausting and I am bored with it. People like you and Trump think that this childish flailing from one unrelated topic to another pieced together with clumsy but salacious buzzwords makes for an actual supporting argument to their ridiculous conclusion but you're mainly just getting laughed at.
Keep politics out of this forum. If you want to bring up politics go to the cave.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
What I generally think about the entire situation. I commented that "we" have been caught cheating. We have a player who played last year who accepted money. Kansas is guilty. I have seen evidence from the FBI that there is reason to believe that Kansas knowingly broke rules. I would like to learn more about what is happening or what happened.

Kansas is continuing to move forward with that contract with Adidas because they are complicit with nefarious acts.

I am shocked by this admission from you....

Help Support Us

Become a patron