Football talk: Legit Concerns that Hawkeyes should have about ISU

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
I guarantee no ISU player fears Iowa. Until a road team wins this series I'll always pick the home team. Crazy things happen at Trice when we play Iowa. Personally I'm more worried about the Kent State game than the Iowa game.

Sept 13, 2003. Iowa 40 - ISU 21. That's not very long ago.

Man you ISU fans are seriously delusional. To try to say you're not worried about a top-25 is beyond ********. You are not fooling anyone, trust me.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
1) Only a ISU fan would try to make it sound like it's nothing to make it to a NYD bowl game. BTW, when was the last time ISU did it? LMAO IF it was a few years ago, making a NYD's bowl would be an accomplishment, now its not. FFS, the Gmac and International Bowls are in January.

2) Iowa finished in the top-25, tell me how we think we are better than we are? It seems like the people who KNOW FOOTBALL agree with us. Read your own message boards, god forbid you spend a lot of time here. We wouldn't miss you if you go back.

3) "Stupid pre-season rankings"? You don't sound jealous and bitter at all. How'd being ranked #8 work out for ya? The only rankings I care about are the end of the season rankings.

4) Who won that game, and when was the last time you scored a TD against Iowa? 3 years ago? :biglaugh: Iowa has a good defense, no one here would say differently.

5) Know, we know. In fact, the only people who don't know are ISU fans.

6) Let go of your hate, Luke. Maybe act your age, and in respectable manner on a CYCLONE site and maybe I would.

7) I thought I was pretty clear, but I will say it slower for you: b-a-d l-u-c-k. Nobody talks about how hard it is to play at JT, there is a reason for that. HA badluck doesnt strike that much

8) I can't wait. I will be sure say "good game!" to the ONE ISU fan hiding in the corner of the bar, if he hasn't left by halftime. Oh so you're a TavernHawk, thats nice. Did you go to U of I, Dmacc, AIB, or UNI?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Sept 13, 2003. Iowa 40 - ISU 21. That's not very long ago.

Man you ISU fans are seriously delusional. To try to say you're not worried about a top-25 is beyond ********. You are not fooling anyone, trust me.

Dude 6 years ago really? we also went 2-10 that year. :biglaugh:

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
1) 7) I thought I was pretty clear, but I will say it slower for you: b-a-d l-u-c-k. Nobody talks about how hard it is to play at JT, there is a reason for that.

I knew the only reason why ISU lost to Iowa last year was because of b-a-d l-u-c-k.:jimlad:

B-a-d l-u-c-k is the only way ISU ever loses ball games. It' not because the other team was better, but because ISU has much b-a-d l-u-c-k.:jimlad:

Yep, b-a-d l-u-c-k is the only reason why ISU loses.:jimlad:

Oh wait, Iowa fans named Iowa Guy are the only ones who uses a stupid excuse like this one.

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
Dude 6 years ago really? we also went 2-10 that year. :biglaugh:

You are bragging about going 2-10??? LMAO!!!!! This just keeps getting better!

And for someone to tell people to act their age after name-calling like a 7 year old? You're not a hypocrite at all, are you?

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
I knew the only reason why ISU lost to Iowa last year was because of b-a-d l-u-c-k.:jimlad:

B-a-d l-u-c-k is the only way ISU ever loses ball games. It' not because the other team was better, but because ISU has much b-a-d l-u-c-k.:jimlad:

Yep, b-a-d l-u-c-k is the only reason why ISU loses.:jimlad:

Oh wait, Iowa fans named Iowa Guy are the only ones who uses a stupid excuse like this one.

You obviously don't read the posts on here, do you? Almost every ISU fan I have talked to has claimed bad luck for last year's lost. LOL

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for the laughs fellas but I gotta run. I'll let you get back to not sweating Iowa (even though that is all you guys seem to talk about on here - ironic, don't you think?) :biglaugh:

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You are bragging about going 2-10??? LMAO!!!!! This just keeps getting better!

And for someone to tell people to act their age after name-calling like a 7 year old? You're not a hypocrite at all, are you?

It wasn't bragging. You're the one bragging about beating us handily when we had a terrible year. Oh I can be hyporcitical but I admit it. Are you really complaining about getting called out? You're a hawkeye fan on a cyclone board, its comes with the territory. Maybe if you weren't such an arrogant ***** we could have a good debate like the first 7/8 pages of this thread. And last time I check teenage girls still use "LMAO".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Thanks for the laughs fellas but I gotta run. I'll let you get back to not sweating Iowa (even though that is all you guys seem to talk about on here - ironic, don't you think?) :biglaugh:

It wasn't bragging. You're the one bragging about beating us handily when we had a terrible year. Oh I can be hyporcitical but I admit it. Are you really complaining about getting called out? You're a hawkeye fan on a cyclone board, its comes with the territory. Maybe if you weren't such an arrogant ***** we could have a good debate like the first 7/8 pages of this thread. And last time I check teenage girls still use "LMAO".

Ugh. It just had to make it off of the Instate Rivals Board, didn't it? :err:

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
You obviously don't read the posts on here, do you? Almost every ISU fan I have talked to has claimed bad luck for last year's lost. LOL

Link one of those posts if you can find it.

Just to clarify, 99.9 percent the Clone fans on here point to poor coaching by Chiz as the reason why we lost that game. The only thing bad luck had to do in that game was Chiz and his assistants were standing on ISU side of the field, not on Iowa's

That and a bogus helmet-to-helmet call that gave Iowa excellent field position to score it's one and only (offensive) touchdown.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Okay, EVERYONE needs to go back to the respectful nature we had on pages 1 - 6 or 7, or else this gets closed.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think Iowaguy is confusing the statement "we don't fear the hawks" as meaning ISU fans think it will be an easy win.

Not one sane ISU fan thinks Iowa will be an easy win, but you'd have to be crazy to expect that Iowa will blow out the Clones as many Tavernhawks still do. I think both sides realize this series isn't like it was in the 80's and 90's.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

Just to clarify, 99.9 percent the Clone fans on here point to poor coaching by Chiz as the reason why we lost that game. The only thing bad luck had to do in that game was Chiz and his assistants were standing on ISU side of the field, not on Iowa's

That and a bogus helmet-to-helmet call that gave Iowa excellent field position to score it's one and only (offensive) touchdown.

The dagger to the heart was the 80+ yard Brodell punt return TD. Damn that was a frustrating game to attend! The offense storms up and down the field but can't get it in the endzone. The defense plays well for most of the day but incurs some untimely penalties. One massive breakdown on punt coverage. Unfortunately, that's only one frustrating game of many in the past five years...

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
The dagger to the heart was the 80+ yard Brodell punt return TD. Damn that was a frustrating game to attend! The offense storms up and down the field but can't get it in the endzone. The defense plays well for most of the day but incurs some untimely penalties. One massive breakdown on punt coverage. Unfortunately, that's only one frustrating game of many in the past five years...

Wasn't there a block in the back and a clip on the play that the officials didn't call?

Oops! I forgot this: :jimlad: Don't want IowaGut to think I'm making excuses for the loss.

It was frustrating to watch on TV, so I can only imagine it was excrutiating to see it in person.

Years ago when Iowa was going through its nearly two decade win streak over ISU, I do think Iowa players had that air of confidence that ISU players didn't have. I credit Fry for giving the players that confidence.

Now, I think ISU players have that same kind of confidence as the Iowa players that they can win the game.

I'm not good at the Xs and Os like many of you on here, but I think the confidence angle is one of the intangibles where Iowa used to have the edge, but not anymore.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

I'll see your post and raise you a thread - and a long one at that. The whole thing is full of wouldas, shouldas, and couldas, with a healthy sprinkling of blaming the officiating, which is obviously a drum that you're still beating.
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/62054-just-saw-replay-last-years-iowa-isu-game-btn.html

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I'll see your post and raise you a thread - and a long one at that. The whole thing is full of wouldas, shouldas, and couldas, with a healthy sprinkling of blaming the officiating, which is obviously a drum that you're still beating.
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/62054-just-saw-replay-last-years-iowa-isu-game-btn.html

Uh, i was being just a tiny bit sarcastic with the "bogus helmet-to-helmet" comment. Forgot the pirate, that's all. I'm not beating any kind of drum.

And that Cyclone thread was probably NOTHING like a Hawkeye Nation thread after ISU won in 2007. How about being a sport and finding that one and link it here?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

And geesh, I just read that thread. Two thirds of it is you and other Hawk fans arguing about whether Penn State was overrated and other things that didn't have anything to do with last year's game. And I would guess that a good 25 percent of the posts in that thread were your posts.

Really, couldn't you find a better example to make your point?

Once again, the only "excuse" I will use for Iowa State in last year's game was poor coaching by Chiz. The game was pretty close. Iowa won. Game over. Lights out. See you this year.

homerHAWKeye777

May 27, 2009
Lincoln, NE
Please find me some links to where KF said that, because I read Hawkeye news every day and have never read any comment of the like. Iowa has been loaded with DBs in the past an still never used the Nickel. Iowa's D is built on one basic premise: Stop the run. You don't do that replacing a monster LB with a skinny DB.

Are you a ISU fan in disguise? You seem to know very little about the Iowa football program.

IowaGuy -

How much do you actually pay attention to Iowa football? Just this past year, Iowa frequently ran packages with extra DBs. They'd sub-out a starting safety (Sash, if I recall correctly) and put in Prater and Morrow.

However, you and egami are definitely correct ... Iowa invariably prefers to just drop the LBs into coverage rather than change personnel packages all the time.