clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think football mini packs should be for games later in the season. Demand for tickets are always high early in the season when it's warm out.

UNI and Iowa will sell out regardless of what you charge IMO. Why basically give them away?

And then the OSU game will have huge empty spots, unless the UNI and Iowa fans are able to sell them.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Probably a lot.
We decided to try the mobile pass this time. That way we're not out as much money if we can't make it to a game, or it's a cold night game. We'll see how that works out for us.
@Jameshayden22
What in the world is there to disagree with in this post?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I think football mini packs should be for games later in the season. Demand for tickets are always high early in the season when it's warm out.

Because this way they sell the tickets for well above the actual face value and make it look like a sale. Had season tickets last year but its just too much with a 2 hour drive and small kids. Will pick up some tickets to the later games.

They also haven't sold out of the allotment of mobile tickets judging by the repeated emails. It is just getting harder to sell football game tickets as people have less disposable income.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
This is dumb IMO. Bad move by the AD office.

Hawk fans will buy these up like crazy. Some may even attend the UNI game too because they could attend Iowa's game at 11 am that morning and still make it up to Ames by 7 pm for the UNI-ISU game.

Why not make Iowa fans pony up $100 for just the Iowa-ISU game versus giving them a 3 pack? They'll pay it.

And how are Cyclone season ticket holders going to get first dibs on single game tickets for these games when we're giving them away to Hawk and Panther fans right now?

Completely agree. But perhaps there are individual tickets left as well they are in better sections that will be sold to cyclone club members. We don't really know how down ticket sales are these days.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
In my over 10 years of JP, the one thing I've learned is always trust JP.

True, but this move seems to be anti-Jamie. He usually takes advantage of Hawkeye fans and charges them an premium for these tickets.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Cold game shouldn't stop you from going. That's all.
We held season tickets for 15 years and only missed a couple of games (mostly due to weddings). I"m 62 years old and have an arthritic back. Don't judge until you've sat three hours in MY seat.

BTW - we were there for the entire "freezer bowl" against Kansas several years ago. Were you?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
They had the exact same mini pack deal 2 years ago that included the Iowa and UNI game.

Exactly! I think people are underestimating how many Cyclone fans hold out for the mini pack. I've been a season ticket holder since we moved back to Iowa in 05 and the last couple of CyHawk games at Jack Trice have had the fewest number of Hawk fans that I've ever seen.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Hi, Captain Obvious here. Win some more games and we won't have to worry as much about filling seats. :D
th

I say as much because so many people are choosing to stay home with their HD, no bathroom lines and much cheaper eats.

Or their too darned OLD to sit on those hard bleacher seats.....We need more fans esp Young Fans to fill the stadium...

As they say..."Winning Cures Everything".....

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
We held season tickets for 15 years and only missed a couple of games (mostly due to weddings). I"m 62 years old and have an arthritic back. Don't judge until you've sat three hours in MY seat.

BTW - we were there for the entire "freezer bowl" against Kansas several years ago. Were you?

I know what your talking about KCClone....I'm 10 years older than you with a serious back injury and an arithritic spine...Who in the H...E....double L ever said the Golden Years...lol.....those years dont exist for a lot of seniors...Take Care My Friend.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Yeah, it does seem like putting both UNI and Iowa together for $100 doesn't make sense. Even for bad seats $50 each is very reasonable, and OSU is free/skip. I would have said pick one of those plus two late season games.

But looking at schedule... OSU is the last game. The 2nd last home game? TCU for homecoming on 29 October. Maybe that was the issue, don't want to put homecoming on discount.

But as others have said, I think it just means overall season tix sales are not great, and they want to maximize the revenue.