First Big 12 win for SBR

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
He's not a very good QB. He's just not. It is what it is. I just wish Lanning would get much more time.

I was hoping to see more of Lanning throw but those 2 interceptions delayed his appearance.

It is frustrating to think that SR is the best of trio. And if Lanning isn't good enough to over take SR now it might not be a good harbinger for next year.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I was hoping to see more of Lanning throw but those 2 interceptions delayed his appearance.

It is frustrating to think that SR is the best of trio. And if Lanning isn't good enough to over take SR now it might not be a good harbinger for next year.

I'm not necessarily buying that SR is better than Lanning. I can't say that Lanning is better than Sam, but man, something tells me that he'd do a better job.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
A 7 yard pass on 3rd and 18 as the QB is flushed, under pressure in a 31-6 game when he should be throwing it away is on the RB? some of you never cease to amaze me. the 5th yr sr should have thrown it away and taken the FG try. go ahead tell me I am wrong, nothing I haven't heard from the SBR apologists already

Why throw it away when there was a play there? Warren could have caught it but instead gave up on the route while the Kansas player did not.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I'm not necessarily buying that SR is better than Lanning. I can't say that Lanning is better than Sam, but man, something tells me that he'd do a better job.
Yep, it would have been nice too see it for our own eyes. Instead we saw that Harger is tough SOB.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Sorry but I disagree. 2 INT, 2 TD, and 27-37 is not good. He had a lot of yards but it's Kansas. Also, he had awful body language and I keep noticing that he looks like he doesn't have much energy in him. It's weird because I'll see some nice, quick bullets that are thrown immediately after the snap, but way too many times does he hop around, scramble, and get sacked.

Kansas is the worst Power 5 team in the country.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
He played almost all of the Kansas game when Jantz went down. He won that game, even if he technically didn't start it.

And everyone that hates Sam doesn't have to worry about him too much longer.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My computer must not be showing jimlads.

Y'all are *** clowns if you think Lanning should be starting over Richardson.

I doubt Richardson throws that pick-6 if it's a close game.

He had completions today that were right on the money to receivers that were in great coverage.

Have we even seen Lanning throw a ball more than 5 yards?

**** IT, LETS GIVE THE BALL TO LANNING!!!!!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Oh, and those busting on Warren for not getting in the way of the DB?

He's a freaking freshman. It's a learning experience for him.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
My computer must not be showing jimlads.

Y'all are *** clowns if you think Lanning should be starting over Richardson.

I doubt Richardson throws that pick-6 if it's a close game.

He had completions today that were right on the money to receivers that were in great coverage.

Have we even seen Lanning throw a ball more than 5 yards?

**** IT, LETS GIVE THE BALL TO LANNING!!!!!

90% of people who watch football don't see anybody but the QB.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The first one is always the toughest. There will be 4 more wins + a bowl game!!
56855951.jpg

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Is SBR perfect ? Nope. But I refuse to dog a kid who has put on the Jersery for the last five years and literally almost got killed every game. The dude has taken a beating for his teammates and our school and keeps getting up and busting his butt. Some of you are pathetic, we won, regardless the opponent. For the love of all things holy can we just enjoy it?!?!?

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Is SBR perfect ? Nope. But I refuse to dog a kid who has put on the Jersery for the last five years and literally almost got killed every game. The dude has taken a beating for his teammates and our school and keeps getting up and busting his butt. Some of you are pathetic, we won, regardless the opponent. For the love of all things holy can we just enjoy it?!?!?

^^^ this. ^^^

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

It's a weird, uncomfortable feeling. Some of us don't know how to act.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale

THIS... good lord people...

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

Put the jersey on for 5 yrs? You mean the same one he was throwing away when he threatened to transfer and we begged for him to come back?

Sam has been an entitled, finger pointing ***** for the better part of 3 seasons now. The only thing he busts his butt to do is blame others.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Put the jersey on for 5 yrs? You mean the same one he was throwing away when he threatened to transfer and we begged for him to come back?

Sam has been an entitled, finger pointing ***** for the better part of 3 seasons now. The only thing he busts his butt to do is blame others.

Link?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He played alright...it feels like he's followed the trends of other ISU QBs recently, where he looked his best when he just went out in played without having to think (KU in 2012), like Steel Jantz did vs. Iowa in '11 and Barnett in his earlier games.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011

Exactly, the fact that Lanning isn't so obviously better than Sam that CPR has no choice but to start him, means that Lanning is at best in the same ballpark as Sam…which is not good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron