Cotton: $3M
Holiday: $2.13M
Gator: $2.5M
Alamo: $2.25M
Sun: $1.9M
Insight: $1.2M
Independence: $1.1M
Texas: $750K

For the athletic dept.'s sake I really hope we sneak into the Sun or Alamo Bowls!

That would be nice and hopefully help more with the recruiting. Got some good ones this year, hopefully more to come

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
i want the fiesta, but since that wont happen Ill settle for any bowl. Insight would be sweet! But to be honest any bowl this year is a great bowl for this team. The seniors deserve to go out with a bowl WIN.

PS. Can you imagine what the Pizza Bowl Trophy looks like?

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
The bowl payouts last year:

BCS champ: $17M
Fiesta: $17M
Cotton: $3M
Holiday: $2.13M
Gator: $2.5M
Alamo: $2.25M
Sun: $1.9M
Insight: $1.2M
Independence: $1.1M
Texas: $750K

For the athletic dept.'s sake I really hope we sneak into the Sun or Alamo Bowls!

Payouts are better, but we have to remember that the net bowl proceeds are shared by the conference. ISU does not get to keep the money. Each bowl has an associated budget for expenses that the school gets. So, the better the bowl, the higher expense budget we can submit to the conferenece for things like taking the band, taking more adminstration members, staying longer and nicer place, etc. Among the Insight, Indy and Texas, I don't think there is a significant bottom line difference in net dollars to the ISU coffers.

Sandman

Oct 13, 2009
France
Why does the NFL network have to show any bowl games? A bowl game not on national tv...that's a terrible idea. It's not going to gain much exposure to those who aren't isu or minn fans.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Personally, Alamo would be awesome, but maybe a long shot (who knows?). I really don't want to go to the Insight, but it is more for personal reasons. Any bowl is awesome this year!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Personally... any are better than Independence. If thats what it is, its still a bowl, but damn does shreveport suck.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Insight all the way. Will be there in a second. Wouldn't even consider going to Houston. Anyone who went to Insight the first time knows.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Minnesota vs. ISU will be closer than what all of you are predicting. Not sure what you're basing that off cuz our offense is, well, not great.

I base it off of Navy being 8-3, beating Notre Dame, taking tOSU to the wire and losing at Pitt. Minnesota lost Eric Decker for the year, lost to a BAD Illinois team without Juice Williams, barely beat underwheling Michigan State and Syracuse) and was unable to score an offensive TD vs. South Dakota State last week.

Last edited:

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
My thoughts are ANY bowl for ISU is a GREAT thing! Let's not get upset about where we would/might go. Let's just celebrate a sucessful football season.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I base it off of Navy being 8-3, beating Notre Dame, taking tOSU to the wire and losing at Pitt. Minnesota lost Eric Decker for the year, lost to a BAD Illinois team without Juice Williams, barely beat underwheling Michigan State and Syracuse) and was unable to score an offensive TD vs. South Dakota State last week.

This. Minnesota is terrible.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I vote for Phoneix and the money althoug recruiting houston texas might change my mind.

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
Payouts are better, but we have to remember that the net bowl proceeds are shared by the conference. ISU does not get to keep the money. Each bowl has an associated budget for expenses that the school gets. So, the better the bowl, the higher expense budget we can submit to the conferenece for things like taking the band, taking more adminstration members, staying longer and nicer place, etc. Among the Insight, Indy and Texas, I don't think there is a significant bottom line difference in net dollars to the ISU coffers.

I thought that each team got a certain % of their bowl payout and the rest was evenly divided among the conference, I tried to find a reference to support or refute that and couldn't. If the teams just get an expense account that is roughly the same no matter what bowl the school attends then that seems odd to me, but I can see how the conference would want to try to keep things fair for all the schools. And, if that's the case then we REALLY want OkieSt in the Fiesta since it would mean an extra (roughly) $14M split across the conference!

tiberius

Sep 20, 2006
I thought that each team got a certain % of their bowl payout and the rest was evenly divided among the conference, I tried to find a reference to support or refute that and couldn't. If the teams just get an expense account that is roughly the same no matter what bowl the school attends then that seems odd to me, but I can see how the conference would want to try to keep things fair for all the schools. And, if that's the case then we REALLY want OkieSt in the Fiesta since it would mean an extra (roughly) $14M split across the conference!

I was thinking the conference took all the bowl money and divided it evenly between Texas and Oklahoma.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If Michigan would somehow upset Ohio State...could we possibly get Michigan in the Insight Bowl???

As a Michigan and ISU fan. I would Love this. 100% behind the Clones. This would be a shootout. There could be 100 points put up. I am not joking when I say their defense may be the worst we could play all year. That includes every team we have played. If we run the ball we win that game. The LBs have no idea what to do in run support. NO CLUE.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron