FB Visitors

isu1964

Dec 20, 2006
Jeremy, what else can you confirm on football visitors? We're not hearing much from you on it. I've heard 15 or 16 guys and you listed a lot less than that, including one that didn't visit. Can you confirm the rest of the visitors? Thanks, you da shiznitz.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Regarding Football Recruiting Coverage:

I honestly haven't had time to follow up on the visits too much due to other priorities. I know we have some new targets and some new priorities but I haven't had time to follow up on all of the information with second or third sources. I have had several conversations about the visits but it all comes down to the players' mind set and options in the end. It takes hour(s) of research sometimes on each individual player to know everything and I just don't have the time or resources.

To be honest, there are way too many recruiting targets (dozens of them) for me to follow up on each of them like the other sites do. They have corporations behind them that help with everything and I just have this as a non profitable site:) While I would love to post everything I know or have heard, it wouldn't be proper without further research.

I know there are members that want me to cover recruiting more but I just can't follow all of the possible recruiting target's mood changes and comings and goings. It would be a fun job to have but one I have to leave up to those that get paid to do it full-time. I know it's something that people want but there's a reason that kind of information comes at a cost, it takes a full-time staff to follow all of the changes, leads and tips.

Now, with that said, I will post things that I confirm with multiple sources and news about big-time prospects and/or commitments. That won't change, but all of the low-level interest tracking takes too many people too many hours to keep up-to-date on.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I dont buy it Jeremy, get to work! =) Just kidding. I understand you're busy. It has to be crazy to do all of this, home and your real job. Keep up the good work!

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I was wondering the same thing at the Kansas State game and went down and tried to look at name tags and talk to anyone down there. Basically I met a ISU staff member from the athletic department who said that there were 16 recruits and the only name I saw for sure was Fabian Brown. He was a pretty small kid though for a LB I thought.

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Courtesy of the great Matmann blog:

http://matmann22.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2407AF472F81C378!1684.entry

Andre Anderson, RB, Barrington (IL). Originally committed to Minnesota but that was before Glen Mason was fired. Scout.com ranks him a 2-star prospect. He is the cousin of former Northwestern All-American Damien Anderson and he also visited Michigan State last week.

David Anderson, DL, Lawton (OK). He is not currently listed in the Scout.com database.

Cameron Bell, RB, Round Rock (TX). Considered a soft verbal to New Mexico State, he's a 2-star prospect according to Scout.com. Also has offers from Michigan State and UTEP.

Michael Bibbs, S, Atlanta (GA). Considered a 3-star prospect according to Scout.com. Originally signed with Arkansas out of high school but is now at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi.

Jerrod Black, DL, Houston (TX). 2-star prospect according to Scout.com committed to ISU recently over offers from Missouri, Houston, and Arizona because he was tired of waiting on Texas A&M or Texas to offer him.

Fabian Brown, LB, Des Moines (IA). The 3-star prospect has been committed to ISU since last June and told us last week he was "80% sure" he'd sign with the Cyclones.

Alex Cook, DE, Seminole (FL). One of the studs out of top JUCO program Blinn College, Cook is a 4-star prospect according to Scout.com and would be a big get. Hawaii, Tennessee, and Arkansas may be ISU's chief competition. Louisville was in it, too, before Bobby Petrino left.

Wallace Franklin, WR, Beaumont (TX). Scout ranks him a 3-star prospect out Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas. Also visited Nebraska in December.

Corey Hart, RB/DB, Loachapoka (AL). Not sure if he wears his sunglasses at night, but he was all-state in high school the past two years despite just being a 1-star prospect according to Scout.com. Currently looking at a few non-BCS conference schools.

Chris Lyle, DL, El Dorado (KS). Another player from Butler Community College, he was also expected to visit Arkansas this week, too. Ranked just a 1-star prospect by Scout.com, he also visited Purdue during the season.

Gilbert Moye, QB/ATH, Dibboll (TX). Already committed to Missouri, he also took a look at Oklahoma before Drew Nicol de-committed from Michigan State to pledge there. A 4-star prospect according to Scout.com, he also had offers from Houston and Texas A&M.

Cameron O'Neal, DB, Citronelle (AL). He is not currently listed in the Scout.com database.

Marquez Strickland, WR, Opelika (AL). A 1-star prospect according to Scout.com whose only offer right now is from UAB. Posted a 4.5/40-yard dash at the Scout combine in Atlanta last year.

Andre Anderson, RB, Barrington (IL). Originally committed to Minnesota but that was before Glen Mason was fired. Scout.com ranks him a 2-star prospect. He is the cousin of former Northwestern All-American Damien Anderson and he also visited Michigan State last week.

David Anderson, DL, Lawton (OK). He is not currently listed in the Scout.com database.

Cameron Bell, RB, Round Rock (TX). Considered a soft verbal to New Mexico State, he's a 2-star prospect according to Scout.com. Also has offers from Michigan State and UTEP.

Michael Bibbs, S, Atlanta (GA). Considered a 3-star prospect according to Scout.com. Originally signed with Arkansas out of high school but is now at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi.

Jerrod Black, DL, Houston (TX). 2-star prospect according to Scout.com committed to ISU recently over offers from Missouri, Houston, and Arizona because he was tired of waiting on Texas A&M or Texas to offer him.

Fabian Brown, LB, Des Moines (IA). The 3-star prospect has been committed to ISU since last June and told us last week he was "80% sure" he'd sign with the Cyclones.

Alex Cook, DE, Seminole (FL). One of the studs out of top JUCO program Blinn College, Cook is a 4-star prospect according to Scout.com and would be a big get. Hawaii, Tennessee, and Arkansas may be ISU's chief competition. Louisville was in it, too, before Bobby Petrino left.

Wallace Franklin, WR, Beaumont (TX). Scout ranks him a 3-star prospect out Butler Community College in El Dorado, Kansas. Also visited Nebraska in December.

Corey Hart, RB/DB, Loachapoka (AL). Not sure if he wears his sunglasses at night, but he was all-state in high school the past two years despite just being a 1-star prospect according to Scout.com. Currently looking at a few non-BCS conference schools.

Chris Lyle, DL, El Dorado (KS). Another player from Butler Community College, he was also expected to visit Arkansas this week, too. Ranked just a 1-star prospect by Scout.com, he also visited Purdue during the season.
Gilbert Moye, QB/ATH, Dibboll (TX). Already committed to Missouri, he also took a look at Oklahoma before Drew Nicol de-committed from Michigan State to pledge there. A 4-star prospect according to Scout.com, he also had offers from Houston and Texas A&M.

Cameron O'Neal, DB, Citronelle (AL). He is not currently listed in the Scout.com database.

Marquez Strickland, WR, Opelika (AL). A 1-star prospect according to Scout.com whose only offer right now is from UAB. Posted a 4.5/40-yard dash at the Scout combine in Atlanta last year.

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wouldn't say too small, 6'3 230 lbs, i think Fabian is going to be a good one. Living in Des Moines i have seen plenty of Roosevelt games and he is a very good tackler, and moves laterally very well.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I would say Fabian will prolly be a solid outside, or good Defensive End, he is pretty big now and prolly had D-End speed rather than linebacker speed, but we will see. So far I like the class, we just need a JUCO rush end and a JUCO corner and some good solid young freshman with potential and I am happy!!!

isu1964

Dec 20, 2006
Aight Jeremy that's cool. Report is getting all the stories pretty good. What's up with Nation? Why don't they just quit?