FB Season Tix Update from Pollard

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Rumor is Iowa game single game tickets are sold out. I'm sure JP and the ISU ticket office are holding a select amount of season tickets still which would include Iowa. I bet that will spike more season ticket sales. If they were already at 44,257 sold yesterday, I bet they will give that 45,000 season ticket goal a very good shot.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Rumor is Iowa game single game tickets are sold out. I'm sure JP and the ISU ticket office are holding a select amount of season tickets still which would include Iowa. I bet that will spike more season ticket sales. If they were already at 44,257 sold yesterday, I bet they will give that 45,000 season ticket goal a very good shot.
When I looked Thursday there was only a few random seats left.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
When I looked Thursday there was only a few random seats left.
Currently cyclones.com shows all single-game tickets are unavailable for Iowa game.
There still are season tickets available. I assume there are other tickets that may become available. I assume not every seat was made available for the donor pre-sale this week.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Currently cyclones.com shows all single-game tickets are unavailable for Iowa game.
There still are season tickets available. I assume there are other tickets that may become available. I assume not every seat was made available for the donor pre-sale this week.
So, yeah, as of now single game tickets are sold out for Iowa game.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I’ve gotta think there’s a few donors who can buy up 800 more season tickets. I’m sure JP is working the phones.
I’d be pretty shocked if they don’t get to 45K. Really impressive accomplishment for the AD.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
These are amazing numbers to someone who attended ISU in the mid/late 90's. We had the whole Troy Davis thing going and still didn't sniff this type of attendance. I remember sitting on frozen seats for late season Kansas State game that looked like it had 10,000 people there.

Those were some fun years, though, as Davis was amazing to watch and ISU was actually on the map a bit due to his climb towards 2000 yards twice.
I was a season ticket holder from 1989-95 (through the UNLV game) - before I moved out of state, and there were some lean, lean crowds! FTR, I missed one game during that time (the tie with Kansas in 1990), because I was at the Florida State @ Miami game! At least, I had a good excuse. When I left the Orange Bowl, I thought ISU had lost until I made it back to my hotel and heard the Cyclones kicked a late FG to tie it. Worked for me!

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Fun is one way to put it, I guess lol. I know what you mean though. The numbers that TD was putting up was the only national recognition we were getting, but there was a lot of buzz in a day when there were only a couple games on TV and no internet. The atmosphere was kinda fun in those days cause the students truly didn’t care about the game. I have fond memories of going to those games, but I like these days a hell of a lot more.
So, I moved from Iowa the day after the 1995 UNLV game. Therefore, I saw his two biggest games that season vs. Ohio Univ. in the Donut Bowl Opener and vs. the Runnin' Rebels + I came back the following year for the Mizzou Game - when he ran for 378! Those were definitely exciting games!

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Is that because single game tix don’t go on sale to the public until the 15th?

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I was a season ticket holder from 1989-95 (through the UNLV game) - before I moved out of state, and there were some lean, lean crowds! FTR, I missed one game during that time (the tie with Kansas in 1990), because I was at the Florida State @ Miami game! At least, I had a good excuse. When I left the Orange Bowl, I thought ISU had lost until I made it back to my hotel and heard the Cyclones kicked a late FG to tie it. Worked for me!

I was at that Kansas-ISU game. Shudak nailed it from way out, like 54 yards. There was a huge wind behind him and the ball cleared the posts by a mile.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

bclewis05

Feb 6, 2013
I do not see the option to purchase any season tickets online currently. I did not think we'd be able to get tickets this year but just determined we could and had the mobile pass in past years but it appears that is no longer an option.

Emailed the ticket office to see current possibilities.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I do not see the option to purchase any season tickets online currently. I did not think we'd be able to get tickets this year but just determined we could and had the mobile pass in past years but it appears that is no longer an option.

Emailed the ticket office to see current possibilities.
Not sure if this link helps, but it appears to me that you can buy season tickets: https://am.ticketmaster.com/isu/buy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Has anyone ever explained why we dont exceed capacity for major games like we used to? Back before the South End Zone expansion our record attendance was always higher than our actual capacity, because they sold standing room tickets, and filled every possible square inch. Now they only sell 61,500, the official capacity, with no extra standing room etc. tickets. like in years past or like other stadiums do when they exceed their official capacity.

While this won't actually affect the season ticket number available or sold, it would affect the single game tickets available.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I went quickly through the virtual site and counted about 50 season tickets left in upper corners for $225.

There are about 430 season tickets left in the $325 and $499 price range. So it definitely appears JP has held some season tickets aside to get to the 45,000 mark instead of letting Iowa single game seats get bought, or anymore mobile passes.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/isu/buy

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Has anyone ever explained why we dont exceed capacity for major games like we used to? Back before the South End Zone expansion our record attendance was always higher than our actual capacity, because they sold standing room tickets, and filled every possible square inch. Now they only sell 61,500, the official capacity, with no extra standing room etc. tickets. like in years past or like other stadiums do when they exceed their official capacity.

While this won't actually affect the season ticket number available or sold, it would affect the single game tickets available.
Where would the SRO tickets go? They specifically cut the hillsides to only the kids tickets. SRO tickets require standing room and I don’t think there is anywhere for them.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
When I was a student we'd buy our season tickets (outside the bookstore) when we showed up for fall semester to buy books. Don't know if that's still how student season tickets are sold or not, but I'd guess a bunch of those sales will still be happening as students aren't back on campus yet.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Where would the SRO tickets go? They specifically cut the hillsides to only the kids tickets. SRO tickets require standing room and I don’t think there is anywhere for them.
Where were they before the SEZ expansion. I believe they expected some to stand in the concourse behind the stands and I believe they expected the hills to overfill to standing, for max capacity. But I think before the expansion it was the same the hills were just expected to over pack. I remember a couple games when they were really packed into the hills.
Just curious how we used to be able to do this and not now, not that I expect It to be a huge increase.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron