Favorite ISU FB Game You Saw in Person

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
2002 Iowa game with Seneca Wallace leading the comeback in the second half.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Agree 100%, The Tornado game was so awesome......

Tornado game - those only come around once in a lifetime. The wins against Iowa and Neb we have won before and will again. The tornado was something that may never ever happen again.

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
2001, Nov 24 vs Iowa... Seneca and company

It had been postponed because of 9/11 and it turned out to be perhaps the best game ever in this rivalry. Plus it was my birthday lol.

Anyone else at that one?

Clonemetbear

Jan 2, 2010
1992 ISU 19 Nebraska 10
We dominated in both lines against a superior team. Games like this always give you hope on any given Saturday.:smile:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
1998 Against Iowa at Kinnick Stadium. We snapped the 15 game losing streak against Iowa in Hayden Fry's last year. We totally dominated the game. The Iowa crowd was demoralized. Absolutely loved it.

This by far! Wife and I arrived early.....walked about 3/4 a mile to Kinnick...plenty of Hawk BS thrown at us along the way....but halfway through the 3rd quarter Kinnick looked like Carver Asylum Arena . Expect of course for all the cardinal and gold in the south end zone! I had been to many Hawk/Clone games before that at the Jack where it was empty by halftime. So it felt good to have the sun shine on our butt that day.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
1977 ISU's 24-14 win in Lincoln. Dexter Green made the plays on offense and the Cyclone DL dominated the line of scrimmage. Husker fans walked out even more shocked than they did last year.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Nebraska last year sitting in a skybox full of NU fans was pretty special.

Otherwise, 1992 against NU at home with Marv Seiler playing out of his mind. Carrying the goal posts to Lake Laverne was memorable as well.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
2002 - "The Run" Texas Tech
2005 - "Tornado" Colorado

Was at "The Run", never forget that one.

Tailgated for the "Tornado" game, but had to bartend at Whiskey River. Rode my bike from the tailgate to Main St while the tornado sirens were going off. While I didn't make it to the game, that was pretty cool.

Was @ Nebraska last year, see my sig line pic (with my brother, a NE fan). It'll be hard to top that one I think.

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
Lots of good ones to choose from but my favorite was the 2002 iowa game. I sat with my grandparents who have season tickets and remember telling them that iowa state was a second half team and would come back to win (i was about 10 at the time). I was just so sure of it and sure enough Seneca and the gang rallied and shut up the Kinnick crowd. Will never forget that game. 05 Colorado, 05 Iowa, 07 Colorado are all great memories as well.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I can't believe no one has mentioned the 2005 Colorado game! :no:

In all seriousness, that was probably the most memorable game any of us will have for a long time. Colorado was in the top 25, and was one of the games that had to be won if we were to ever have a chance to win the North that year.

We remember distinctly seeing a cloud formation walking to the stadium shaped like a profile view of Cy's head, and declared it an omen that ISU had to win the game. Absolutely amazing atmosphere for a game, and of course the crowd's combined electricity after Curvey's "Fumble Rumble" probably could have powered a small Iowan town for a week.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

In all seriousness, that was probably the most memorable game any of us will have for a long time. Colorado was in the top 25, and was one of the games that had to be won if we were to ever have a chance to win the North that year.

We remember distinctly seeing a cloud formation walking to the stadium shaped like a profile view of Cy's head, and declared it an omen that ISU had to win the game. Absolutely amazing atmosphere for a game, and of course the crowd's combined electricity after Curvey's "Fumble Rumble" probably could have powered a small Iowan town for a week.

What are you smoking? It has been mentioned more than any other game...:biglaugh:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
'98 @Iowa was pretty fun. The whole game we were just waiting for the shoe to drop and ISU to lose it somehow, but they just kept stopping Iowa. It was great to see that damn streak finally broken.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

ummm..................... :eek::confused::skeptical::wink:

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
For me it's a tie between 2004 vs. Nebraska and the 2005 opener. The Nebraska game was my first ISU game, and the win just made it that much better. The 2005 opener was my game in the marching band.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Something I just remember about the Tornado game. After ISU won, the student section wanted to rush the field, but the PerMar guys were blocking off the entire student section. Everyone was ****** and yelling stuff at the security guys when suddenly, some drunk guy takes off through the line of security guards. ISU and CU were still on the field and this guy was running around with security chasing him. The whole student section was cheering this one drunk running around going crazy, it was great. He was running around the CU players praying at midfield when one guard finally grabbed him. He started to walk with the guard, accepting that he was going to jail, when he suddenly shoved the guard to the ground and ran off into the growing crowd of students that had broken through the security guys. I will never forget that old, poor security guard falling flat on his back with his legs sticking straight up in the air when he got pushed down. The student got away too.

Man, the student section was crazy that night.

Last edited: