Favorite ISU FB Game You Saw in Person

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Iowa State 19 Nebraska 10
The Marvin Seiler game. Awesome watching the NU offensive lineman walking up to the line shaking their heads because they couldn't open any holes in the ISU defense. The team played inspired ball that afternoon.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Agree 100%, The Tornado game was so awesome......

I remember hurriedly taking down my tent and starting to head for Hilton when those storms colliding mesmerized me into sitting on my cooler and watching the powers of nature. The atmosphere in the stadium that night was awesome.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I have it narrowed down to four...
1. Tornado Game 2005 (I remember after tailgating playing some intense split screen in Halo 1 during the delay and running back to watch the game.)
2. Texas Tech Game 2002 (The Run was unbelievable. We were ranked #11.)
3. Iowa Game 2007 (Throwback uniforms were amazing. I had to sit next to a bunch of obnoxious Hawk fans which made the win that much sweeter.)
4. FSU Game 2002 (This would easily be #1 if we didn't get screwed.)

Last edited:

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I am older than the rest of you, ISU / Neb at the Clyde where we missed an extra point to beat them. The old South end zone would have been moving less if we were in the middle of an earthquake! I think it was 1972.

Reactions: InCytful

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
The Marvin Seiler game. Awesome watching the NU offensive lineman walking up to the line shaking their heads because they couldn't open any holes in the ISU defense. The team played inspired ball that afternoon.

I remember when we pulled up in the parking lot the husker fans that parked next to us kept saying, "Sorry cyclone fans! You are wasting your Saturday even sitting in the crappy stadium of yours!"

Well, when the game was over, those fans were long gone and all that was left were their pile of beer cans.

We all had some big smiles seeing that! :yes:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Either 02 NU or 05 Iowa ..

Complete domination

Probably the NU game. That a-hole writer from Nebraska made that statement about playing ISU is like proving your manhood against Pee Wee Herman

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I was at that Texas Tech game. The run was the most amazing thing I've ever seen, but the game itself wasn't all that great. 2005 Iowa was awesome.

But my vote EASILY goes to 2005 Colorado. I'm a pretty private person, but when Curvey picked up that fumble I was jumping up and down, hugging everyone around me. Great game. And as weird as it sounds, I'd also put 2006 Mizzou up there, sending Danny Mac out in fashion. I had tears in my eyes at the end of that game, seeing the team carry him off the field.

MattforState

Aug 17, 2010
Des Moines, IA
Texas Tech in 02 was awesome. I was in the South endzone for the run and remember the rediculous amounts of replays and the whole crowd yelling everytime we saw Haywood (right??) throw that huge block.

The 05 Iowa game was fun because I was on the hillside next to the Iowa fans, and because the Iowa band got mad at me and a couple of friends when we were trying to hurry them up for getting out of the way so we could run onto the field after the game, and of course, it was an awesome game to watch, too.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
1998 Against Iowa at Kinnick Stadium. We snapped the 15 game losing streak against Iowa in Hayden Fry's last year. We totally dominated the game. The Iowa crowd was demoralized. Absolutely loved it.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Texas Tech in 02 was awesome. I was in the South endzone for the run and remember the rediculous amounts of replays and the whole crowd yelling everytime we saw Haywood (right??) throw that huge block.

Michael Wagner - I was also in the South End Zone. It was one of the best atmosphere's I have seen at Jack Trice

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Since the 2010 campaign begins Thursday I thought it would be a good time to ask this. What's your favorite ISU game you were at? Personally my favorite is my first ISU game. 2005 ISU vs #8 Iowa. Of course it is sweeter it was against Iowa but that was a fun day to be at the Jack.
We had a bad team and lost that day, but being in Columbia when TD went over 2000 yards for the first time was pretty special.

Reactions: Bubbahotep

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
05 Iowa #1 - First time I personally witnessed beating Iowa, could it be any better that they were top ten.

05 Colorado #2 - Campus security trying to get us to stop drinking and eating ribs before game was priceless. Best friend yelling at Barnett at the fence like he was his ***** after game ended.

Istater4life

Jun 14, 2010
FSU game in Kansas City. The whole way down driving and passing cars with ISU flags and honking horns. The ISU fans were awsome. It was like a bowl game atmosphere. To bad our comeback fell a little short.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron