Favorite Iowa misconduct excuse...

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
No excuses needed. Simply wear a WWJD wristband. It worked for Stevie Alford for eight years.

Yeah, but I think he thought it meant "What Would Jel Do (for my hair)."

I know it's supposed to be "gel", but the misspelling makes Stevie look even worse! That is some sweet hair, though!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Yeah, but I think he thought it meant "What Would Jel Do (for my hair)."

I know it's supposed to be "gel", but the misspelling makes Stevie look even worse! That is some sweet hair, though!

Unless you're against smoking, then it is JEL (Just Elmininate Lies)

Hmm... Maybe the Hawks should be JEL'n right now... :wink:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Here's some "fresh meat" Hawkeye Fan excuses, just posted by SouthernHawk in another thread:

'I think we are seeing a "one and done" type of reaction out of the staff. Cleveland and Nelson were both indefinitely suspended for things that last year would have been a "delayed reaction" until the facts came out."

20 arrests in a year and ONE reaction will fix it?

"Last year was bad. But, seeing as how it's more of an anomaly than the norm, and considering Iowa was pretty clean compared to many schools around the nation before last year, I'm not ready to declare a morally bankrupt program."

KF's teams have been pulling this crap since day one. Pretending it started last year is a handy "straw man".

"People seem to forget that Iowa had very few problems before last year. There was the occasional mishap, but nothing really serious. I don't think a program all of the sudden becomes void of all morals in one year. Something happened to cause that, and something will be done to bring respectability back."

He's right, this program hasn't become void of all morals in one year, I imagine it started with "classless" Fry and continues with FreeRentz.