F*CK IOWA

Cyclone Timmy

Aug 14, 2023
Does Michigan get into the playoff with a loss to Iowa? We saw TCU get in after a loss to Kansas State in the Big XII Championship game a year ago

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
This was very thoughtful and insightful post, I like this new person.
giphy.webp

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Does Michigan get into the playoff with a loss to Iowa? We saw TCU get in after a loss to Kansas State in the Big XII Championship game a year ago
Sure they do, and the committee uses it in a tortured rationale to include Ohio State as well. :puke:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
The ISU game ended being the third least competitive P5 game Iowa played. PSU, Rutgers then ISU. It was over at halftime.
Iowa had 12 yards of offense in the second half against Minnesota. Over at halftime

Reactions: Iowa'd

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I am about as anti-hawkroach as you can get. All things said, I will be rooting for them to play spoiler against Harbauhg and the cheaters Saturday
First post since Sept 2. Generally, people say "that being said" in this instance. You seem to have combined that with "all things equal." JS.

Anti-hawkroach? That one isn't used as much as you'd think. I'm on these forums all the time, and I don't see it all that often.

Now I will grant you that it sounds like something we'd say all day every day, (it rhymes, they're both nouns, the words alone illicit imagery of visceral disgust, hoks and cocks are often interchangeable in so many ways, etc.)

And yes, I've certainly seen it used by legit CFers from time to time. But to use it in 1 of your 5 total posts on an account whose first post was used to bag on a Big 12 team for losing to Wyoming while making no mention of anything postive about ISU at any point? Well it just seems a bit much.

Also, just in case it's needed for future troll endeavors, although the Big 12's logo is still roman numerals, the conference changed their branding several years ago and is officially denoted to be written as 'Big 12' in all publication and parlance.

This has been honored industry wide for some time, and knowledgable fans have generally followed the same protocol in their causal non-offical capacity to a surprising degree. Is it because we have better fans than you're more run of the mill T-shirt brands in the other conferences? Yup, you bet it is.

Oh yeah, and you never root for iowa ever. Do the circumstances matter at all? Sadly, they do not. F**k iowa. (Refer to thread title)

Now maybe you're just a new CFer coming in hot after a 2.5 month hiatus, Tim. I'm going to handicap that similarly to the odds of the hoks winning straight up on Saturday, but I've certainly been very wrong before. Welcome, and I look forward to you firmly establishing your Cyclone bona-fides beyond a shadow of doubt.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclone82

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Doubtful, but possible. There’s just odds of too many other undefeated or 1-loss conference champions that could beat them out.

PAC winner is in.
SEC winner is in (I hear rumbles that Bama might not get in if they win, but does anybody seriously think a 12-1 SEC champ gets left out?).
FSU better be in if they win.

Even with losses by FSU, Washington and Georgia, Georgia would still be a 12-1 SEC team, Washington is still 12-1 with its only loss to the PAC champ, and you’ve probably got a 12-1 Big 12 champ in Texas out there ... so a 12-1 Michigan with a loss to Iowa of all teams faces a pretty big challenge.

Frak

Apr 27, 2009
Understandable. The point of the one-off games are it's most often a time where a team has to answer some tough questions about who they are and how they are going to move forward through the season.

Iowa went 7-1 against a relatively weaker schedule, and ISU went 4-2 against a relatively tougher schedule that included at the time 3 ranked opponents, two of which are playing for the conference championship.

The schedules are the schedules; just have to find ways to regroup and fill the wins column the best you can.
I wouldn’t call those “one off games”. I’d call them being outclassed. This wasn’t ISU and Iowa playing bad and the opponent playing out of their minds. These two games were teams with better talent imposing their will. It happens.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
A few days ago, I made the following count. What's eiu look like next season?

2024 ISU

19 - Returning Offense and Defense starters
18 - Returning Offense and Defense backups
30+ - Freshmen/Redshirt Freshmen who played 2023

Maybe eiu returns just a ton. I don't know, why I ask. Just an early check.
Iowa is losing some horses on defense.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Doubtful, but possible. There’s just odds of too many other undefeated or 1-loss conference champions that could beat them out.

PAC winner is in.
SEC winner is in (I hear rumbles that Bama might not get in if they win, but does anybody seriously think a 12-1 SEC champ gets left out?).
FSU better be in if they win.

Even with losses by FSU, Washington and Georgia, Georgia would still be a 12-1 SEC team, Washington is still 12-1 with its only loss to the PAC champ, and you’ve probably got a 12-1 Big 12 champ in Texas out there ... so a 12-1 Michigan with a loss to Iowa of all teams faces a pretty big challenge.
I still think Texas has a shot of sneaking in. If the beat the Pokes convincingly and FSU squeaks by I think it could happen. Remember kids, it’s all about finding “the best 4 teams” and Texas will certainly be in the convo in that scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iowa'd