"Exciting Basketball"

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
I hear this term bandied around a lot, often in description of Mac's offense, or in another way. My question is, what in your opinion constitutes "exciting basketball"
For me, a well executed offense, of almost any kind is "exciting" basketball. I love watching a well excecuted Princeton cut, but I also love watching Memphis' dribble drive motion, Gonzaga's flex, Wake Forest's offense, and Illinois and Ku's motion.
The offense's I don't like watching are: Duke, all they do is jack threes, Our high school's because it is a terrible stagnant offense.
So, what is your opinion of an "exciting offense" ?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just win baby thats all that matters to me!! They could be like snails (granted would be painfull to watch) but if they are winning no one on here would care if we were continual contenders :yes:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I love the Memphis dribble drive as well, even though I don't like Memphis and know we don't have the drivers to execute this offense at the moment at Iowa State. It is very exciting. You also cannot leave out the pros: Anything run by Mike D'Antoni is great, loved watching Phoenix during his years there. Although I don't think it is championship winning, it will win games and is fun to watch!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I mean, I only thing basketball is exciting when we win by a million billion points:wideeyed::jimlad:

I like it, I think HB And CB together would be a superforce unstopable by human kind maybe a trillion points a game would satisfy the masses! :jimlad:

goldmember

May 31, 2006
North Carolina's offense with their secondary break, and man to man defense that guard's the passing lanes aggressively.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
North Carolina's offense with their secondary break, and man to man defense that guard's the passing lanes aggressively.

BINGO! We have a winner. We don't attack passing lanes unless the passes happen inside the three point line. We have absolutely no on ball pressure and I don't know why.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I love the Roy Williams secondary break but I will take a properly run motion offense or even it's hybrid cousin the Princeton offense any day... If you have to play slow (Princeton) at least have everyone MOVING...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
It is when we win. I actually like seeing defense, but would like to see a team that moves the ball around. Play good basketball. I don't want to see a fast breaking team that is sloppy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron