Evrett Edwards and Kamari Cotton-Moya won't play

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Which is more disappointing, taking cash or weed? Both short sighted and will likely cost him some dough if he makes the pros.
Lots of good, but borderline pro DB's coming out, way gamble on one that makes poor choices?
Hope he makes the grade, for him and the team's credibility.
Hypothetically, weed, unless it was for pain control.

From the outside, willingly doing things to jeopardize playing in the game seems like letting down the team, but CMC alluded to these absences not taking away from the contributions of these guys.

The positive is Lewis got some valuable reps.

• Funny
Reactions: isufrEEk

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Nah. To me, it's a test for stupid. You know exactly what the rules are, and this is an easy one to avoid. Do you care about playing time and not letting your teammates down? If you fail, you're a selfish idiot.

While i do agree with the poster saying that testing for weed is stupid... fact of the matter is that you are correct in your take.

Stupid or not everybody else has to piss clean too. It's not like it's an uneven playing field. Everybody knows the rules.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't know how drinking would be tested for, it's peed out and out of your bloodstream in a matter of hours.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
While i do agree with the poster saying that testing for weed is stupid... fact of the matter is that you are correct in your take.

Stupid or not everybody else has to piss clean too. It's not like it's an uneven playing field. Everybody knows the rules.

And the thing is, you have to do it within the program because if the NCAA pops a guy, it's a much worse penalty.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Surprised that we haven't heard anything more "definitive" from some of our posters with reliable sources and inside information.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Didn’t Edwards graduate from DUKE in three years? I question the grades reasoning.
I would not be so sure. Theoretically, he may have never had to attend class, as end of semester would be the first time he could be declared ineligible. If I'm being honest, I hated school, and if I could have transferred somewhere for my senior year to play football and not attend class, knowing I already had my degree in my pocket, I would have.

Is there any penalty for the agent? They're preying on young kids and deserve punishment too.
They're breaking NCAA rules, but those aren't laws. They aren't governed by the NCAA. The pros could help out, though, by saying we won't deal with agents who tamper with college athletes. But they'll never do that.

College football players should get paid
Careful what you wish for. Do you think ISU could compete with , say, Texas monetarily? I think they should get a little bit of spending cash, to compensate for them not being able to work. Like maybe minimum wage for 20 hours a week. But if you're going to do that, it's got to be the same everywhere.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Bummed for KCM and Edwards and thank them for their ISU careers but have to appreciate how Coach Campbell holds everyone accountable.

Also, I feel better about the safety position for 2018. Lewis and White played well.

I'm so glad they played well. It could have been bad news if they weren't as prepared as they obviously were. I also like how Heacock dialed up the pressure knowing his DBs probably wouldn't be able to cover as long. Or knowing that the Memphis OL is not as good as most Big12 OLs.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
I understand the stupidity of the situation, you know the rules - however I have a question. If the state in which the university resides allows for legalized weed, is it feasible for the athlete to obtain a lawyer and fight the ruling?? I cannot believe every company in these states turn their heads - how do they enforce it. Federal/State law?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I understand the stupidity of the situation, you know the rules - however I have a question. If the state in which the university resides allows for legalized weed, is it feasible for the athlete to obtain a lawyer and fight the ruling?? I cannot believe every company in these states turn their heads - how do they enforce it. Federal/State law?
State laws are state laws, if a team or company wants to set their own rules and expectation for being an member of the team or employee and they want to hold everyone accountable for them, legally I see no reason to fight it as long as the rules were up front with the team or employers members.....

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm so glad they played well. It could have been bad news if they weren't as prepared as they obviously were. I also like how Heacock dialed up the pressure knowing his DBs probably wouldn't be able to cover as long. Or knowing that the Memphis OL is not as good as most Big12 OLs.

Played a lot more zone, too.

When do we ever get six sacks?

It's related.

Reactions: cyhiphopp