Evrett Edwards and Kamari Cotton-Moya won't play

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
KCM? It’s not really any different than a guy deciding to sit out a bowl because of pro aspirations. Those guys likely are not financing their draft prep themselves.

When you sign with an agent, they send you to a training facility, pay for a condo, provide a car, hell, even pay for the best diet. In return, you work out 7 days a week and hand over a large percentage when signed.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I am disappointed for both young men, considering all of the work they put in. I find it difficult to believe E. Edwards, as a Duke grad, had a grade problem. More likely an incomplete was his issue; quite possibly because he was concentrating on football, and didn't get some work completed.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Bummed for KCM and Edwards and thank them for their ISU careers but have to appreciate how Coach Campbell holds everyone accountable.

Also, I feel better about the safety position for 2018. Lewis and White played well.

Yep. Investment in player development

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Does he owe his teammates anything....his coach...the University that gave him an education in exchange for his playing football and adhering to NCAA rules?

Nobody plans on disowning the guy....but IF he had contact with an agent, he let his team, the University, and the fans who support both....down. That's bad character and bad leadership on his part. Not sure how anyone could argue that point.

Jeeze. No one is arguing most of your points. The other poster simply said that a 21 year old amateur athlete doesn't personally owe him anything. That's like, that fan's opinion man.

Yes, I'm sure coaches, teammates, and even some fans feel differently. Coaches and teammates probably have a much better case to feel hurt by the situation.

This paints KMC in a suspect light. But if true, what did he need that cash for? I don't know, therefore probably shouldn't judge. Should he have said something sooner? Probably. But I'm sure he was scared/nervous to turn himself in to be disciplined by a university and the NCCA. Probably a pretty intimidating conundrum.

Reactions: DurangoCy

LB52

Oct 26, 2015
I can't believe there is 4 pages about a rumor that is 100% untrue. He did not take money from any agent. Like a poster said, if he had done that, he would have been ruled "ineligible" rather than "suspended". In addition, any agent who represents him would want him to go out with a bang in the bowl game because Kamari is a guy on the fence as far as a combine invite. The agent would be sabotaging himself by giving cash "2 weeks ago" and causing him to miss the bowl game. I really wonder what some of you get by posting completely made up rumors sometimes...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I can't believe there is 4 pages about a rumor that is 100% untrue. He did not take money from any agent. Like a poster said, if he had done that, he would have been ruled "ineligible" rather than "suspended". In addition, any agent who represents him would want him to go out with a bang in the bowl game because Kamari is a guy on the fence as far as a combine invite. The agent would be sabotaging himself by giving cash "2 weeks ago" and causing him to miss the bowl game. I really wonder what some of you get by posting completely made up rumors sometimes...
Was he ill?

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Since we’re not too familiar with post season play I haven’t paid too much attention to this but seem to remember reading once that the NCAA conducts drug tests on all athletes before post season competition? Is this true? Does the NCAA conduct any additional testing? Be interested to find out.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Since we’re not too familiar with post season play I haven’t paid too much attention to this but seem to remember reading once that the NCAA conducts drug tests on all athletes before post season competition? Is this true? Does the NCAA conduct any additional testing? Be interested to find out.

Yes see what happened to Oregon a few years ago before the National Championship game.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Is drinking against the rules and do they test for it?

I have no idea. I would guess it's not "against the rules" for the guys who are of legal age. And it's already against the law (just like smoking the ganj is) for anyone under 21, but I don't know that they're going around with a breathalyzer during practice or before games. Call CMC's radio show and ask.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Which is more disappointing, taking cash or weed? Both short sighted and will likely cost him some dough if he makes the pros.
Lots of good, but borderline pro DB's coming out, way gamble on one that makes poor choices?
Hope he makes the grade, for him and the team's credibility.