ESPN3 - ISU/OU

Hilton77

Feb 21, 2012
Des Moines
Does anyone know if the game on Thursday is going to be blacked out for Iowa? I saw that the game is broadcasting on espn2 & espn3. Would be great if I could watch it at work!

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
You mean backed out online? You could just use a VPN or fake IP/DNS. I've always been able to watch games on ESPN3 even when I am out of region/ blacked out.

Hilton77

Feb 21, 2012
Des Moines
Yes blacked out online. Pretty sure a VPN wouldn't work unless you are connecting through a server/firewall outside of the blacked out region. What product do you use to spoof your IP? Tor?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

Listed to be on ESPN2 and ESPN3. Doesn't say it will be blacked out but that could change.

My preferred service is Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN . They will give you a DNS number that you just type into your settings. I use this when I am abroad, and not eligible for ESPN3 for being out of region. No installation required.

If you don't mind installing something, hotspot shield isnt bad (Hotspot Shield Free and Elite VPN Download for Internet Privacy, Security and to Access Blocked Sites - AnchorFree). They have a free version, which I used to use until I discovered unblock-us. This is great too, though. Usually I get an Ohio IP. So it fools the ESPN3 site into thinking I am logging in from Ohio.

Both options are great for getting around blackout/out of country problems and accessing ESPN3. Speed is not a problem- the stream is of good quality.

Of course, there are always friends like vipbox.tv and firstrow for those who don't want to access the espn3 site

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
It does not say it's blacked out so it should be good. Usually you know when they put it on there if it is subject to blackout.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I thought anything on ESPN3 before 6 PM on weekdays and 12 PM on weekends was A-OK? Anyone else confirm blackout/not blackout?

You are correct. All ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU game broadcasted before 6 pm on on weekdays and noon on weekends is available on ESPN3. This is why this game will be available to all who have ESPN3 access.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yes blacked out online. Pretty sure a VPN wouldn't work unless you are connecting through a server/firewall outside of the blacked out region. What product do you use to spoof your IP? Tor?
ESPN3 has lots of blackouts this year due to Watch ESPN and pressure to watch ESPN/ESPN2 on your home TV. Seems like 70% of games are blacked out that we want to watch on ESPN3 or whatever you want to call it. The sports money gods in action.