Enrollment Highest Ever!

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I heard there's an influx of people wanting to get a great degree in women's and religious studies

Reactions: jdoggivjc

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I wonder how much of that is due to more getting to that 4th\5th year and seeing no jobs and just adding another major or doing grad school.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Someone give them a map of how to get to the Trice and Hilton and make sure they understand attendance is mandatory!

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
I am a bit surprised because summer school is dead; there are very few people walking around campus this summer. I go up there three times a week to take a class, and so I have a chance to observe such things. However, the fall enrollment could be high because of several reasons, such as the low supply of jobs, that others in this thread have already noted.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
How many of the these students are part-time/on-line?

The University of Pheonix is the most recognized school name, but I took a class at UNL (yes, the Huskers) that was on-line. ISU has sent me some information for other on-line classes.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I am a bit surprised because summer school is dead; there are very few people walking around campus this summer. I go up there three times a week to take a class, and so I have a chance to observe such things. However, the fall enrollment could be high because of several reasons, such as the low supply of jobs, that others in this thread have already noted.

I think that enrollment figure is going for the upcoming fall semester. Not sure, but the way it's written thats what it sounds like.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
How many of the these students are part-time/on-line?

The University of Pheonix is the most recognized school name, but I took a class at UNL (yes, the Huskers) that was on-line. ISU has sent me some information for other on-line classes.

Technically, it doesn't matter, unless all student classifications are broken down by attendance status (full or less than full.) And why would it matter anyway whether someone is taking online classes vs in-person classes? The credit is the same, taught by university faculty.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
I think that enrollment figure is going for the upcoming fall semester. Not sure, but the way it's written thats what it sounds like.

Yes, I know that it is for the fall, but I am merely contrasting that prediction, and until you actually get those fall possibles into the classroom, that high number is only that--a high possible number, with what appears to be a very low summer enrollment. There may be a connection or not, but it gives me pause about believing the fall figures until the fall actually arrives and those kids are enrolled and in their classes, that's all.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

The article says, "ISU Director of Admissions Marc Harding said enrollment of 27,945 for the 2009-2010 academic year was the highest-ever for the school."

Help Support Us

Become a patron