Enaruna makes it official, hits the portal

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
9755733A-1850-4BD0-8AB4-A3606481A975.jpeg
Good luck to him. Enjoyed having him here and he showed more than enough flashes of a seriously higher ceiling than what we saw. Don’t know whether it was where he is in his development, coaching decisions or a mix of both but does anyone else think they could’ve chosen a better thumbnail? I can barely shoot but it comes out of my hands prettier than that.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Guy has a lot of talent, and I think he will flourish in the right system. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what didn't fit with ours, but it is my suspicion that it was help defense (the timing of which is pretty critical for it to work this well). Definitely wish him the best, someone is going to be very happy once he hits his stride.
Could not play in 2 years at KU, or 1 year at ISU - but has a lot of talent?
He needs to move down a level or two. I think if he does he can have some success. Hope he does - seems like a great kid.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
He needs to move down a level or two. I think if he does he can have some success. Hope he does - seems like a great kid.
Mike Miles, Taz Sherman, Nijel Pack, Ochai Agbaji, RJ Davis, and Brady Manek were the only players to score more against Baylor this season than Enaruna did. That's quite a talented group. It doesn't show the whole picture, but Enaruna absolutely is a talented player.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Man. He must really want out because He has to sit a year now unless he gets a waiver.
I was just coming here to ask this. Seems I remember when the transfer portal first started it was to allow players to transfer ONE TIME without penalty. Did that rule go by the wayside, or do they hand out waivers like candy? Because it sure seems like players are using it more than once and I haven't heard of anyone having to sit out unless the transfer happened mid-season (al al Tre King).

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
I am not surprised. There must have been something going on there
Not everything is a conspiracy theory (no offense). My personal opinion is is that he ISU may have wanted someone who could make more of a contribution on one side of the court or the other. Tristan might have had the same role as last season and it might not have been what he wanted and Iowa State might want more production from that position.

I would love him to go to one of our MVC schools and think a guy like him could do really well at a school like Iowa.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I would love him to go to one of our MVC schools and think a guy like him could do really well at a school like Iowa
Fran is too stubborn to even look but he would thrive on a team like Iowa that scores at a high rate but doesn't play defense. He could average 15ppg on a team like that.

Of course Fran will never go after him though because he might eat into playing time of his kids and Sandfort.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

My thoughts exactly. He was setup to have a huge role at ISU coming in with a gutted roster and no expectations and he never really established himself. Only scored double digits in 4 games this season and didn't exactly set the world on fire against some of our lesser non-conference opponents where most guys are able to take advantage of a talent advantage they have over players from smaller schools.

Wish him the best of luck but I'd be surprised if he lands at another P5 school at this point after underachieving at 2 Big 12 schools now. Sometimes guys with high rankings just don't pan out, we've seen with our own recruits at times too.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think if the student athlete is pushed out they should automatically give them a waiver. We seem to be in an era where college sports is only a business and if you see a better employee you can hire, you just push out the old one.
Oh I completely agree.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think if the student athlete is pushed out they should automatically give them a waiver. We seem to be in an era where college sports is only a business and if you see a better employee you can hire, you just push out the old one.
I get it but how long before we have athletes who want out threatening the coaching staff after the have found their landing spot, "Tell them you pushed me out so I can play right away or I am going to post on social media that you pushed me out and then lied about it to damage my chances elsewhere. That will hamper your recruiting..."

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
Early in the year he flashed potential of being a guy who could play the high post in our offense and be an actual threat to drive to the basket from that position, but it never worked out (maybe he wasn't as good of an interior defender as TJ wanted in that role?)

I hope he finally finds a spot where he can develop into the potential everyone sees in him. He seems like a good guy.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
The kid has some electric moments and a couple of amazing games for us this year!
I hope he lands in a place that helps bring that out even more for him.
Best of luck kid! Thank you for your time as a Cyclone and helping us get back to the NCAAs!

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
Then back to starting multiple games in the NCAA tournament.

A bit disingenuous. He only started the Miami game because of a clerical error. And this wasn't publicly revealed, but I think he only started vs. LSU to match up Kunc with Eason (LSU's best player who happened to come off the bench) and to mess with a coaching staff that was already in turmoil/chaos.