Empty seats coming out of half

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's damn near impossible without a second concourse level to serve concessions and have enough restrooms.

For reference, JTS isn't much smaller than US Bank Stadium but I'll bet US Bank Stadium has double or triple the concessions and restrooms. Go to a game in Minneapolis and you'll still spend time waiting in line for most concessions and restrooms.

The more shocking thing is how many people don't realize this and wait to go into the stadium to get food/drink. Or wait until halftime and expect to not see a line anywhere.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
The camera shot during TCU's field goal didn't look good, but as the game went on and more stadium shots were shown, you saw it fill back in again. Normally, I would have a problem with this too, but when it's this big of a game and we have a legitimate shot to win it, people will come back...unlike in years past where if given the choice to either go back and watch the ISU of old get curb stomped or drink beer at your car, you chose the latter.

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
^ This :)

Pre-game we had the "people suck cause they ain't buying enough tickets", "The students suck cause they won't show up", "Elderly people suck cause they can't stand and scream for three hours".

Even a big win cannot keep asshats from pronouncing judgement on other people. Just more variations on "EVERYONE SUCKS BUT ME AND PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME!!!"

Not being an "Asshat" Just saying that the biggest game possibly in ISU history and there are 1000's of empty seats to start the second half. Great Win for sure but have had other people mention this to me as well and wanted everyone else's thoughts on it.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If ISU sold beer and didn’t allow leaving at halftime, could you imagine how long the lines would be for beer at halftime?
There’s really only one solution, hire a lot more workers that know what they’re doing at the concessions, tell people to stop getting stage fright at the urinal and just pee already, and have more vendors walking around selling in the stands.

• Agree
Reactions: urb1 and MNCYWX

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Agreed. We stood in the concession line til after the kick return. They need to raise the standard on the help because they were really slow.

Is "the help" still local charity groups? I know in the 80's each concession stand was run by a different local charity group (high school choirs, youth groups, etc) who got $0.10/cup of soda sold, etc.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Disagree. Every college football stadium that doesn't sell booze is exactly the same. I see it happen every week in Tempe as well.
It happens, but rarely is it as drastic. Perhaps the bleachers makes it more noticeable.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I've always thought it was absurd. "We've got 10 minutes! Let's sprint to our car, chug beers, then come back in before the 2nd half starts!" It never happens. Folks leave, 1 beer leads to 2, leads to watching on your neighbors TV they've rigged up, leads to you never came back. "It's my ticket, I'll do what I want with it." That's fine, but you're an alcoholic who needs their fix during a 10 minute break.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think it has less to do with people leaving the stadium and going back to the lots but more with with long lines at concessions and for the bathrooms.
If they sold beer the lines at the restrooms would triple.

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
concessions where we sat actually called out a lady as there was a long line and when she got up to order she looked dumbfounded. The kid working said 'you've been standing in line this whole time and have no clue what you want'. Pretty funny finally see someone do that.

• Winner
Reactions: NickTheGreat

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
New requirement for ticket holders - not more than 50% of your row may leave at half. Those remaining in their seats must be the loudest of the group and be willing to spread out to give the appearance of a full stadium.

Side note- I don't think I ever heard Cyclone Power so loud

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think it has less to do with people leaving the stadium and going back to the lots but more with with long lines at concessions and for the bathrooms.

Yes, it takes 30 min to go pee and get a Chick Fil A.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The concession stands need a total makeover. Studies have shown, time and time again, that a single line that leads to multiple registers is not only more efficient, but gives the impression that it is a fairer system. Everyone hates the "why do I always get in the slowest line" thought of having multiple lines for multiple registers. If they had one long line with multiple registers per concession stand no one would get stuck behind a really slow lady who doesn't know how to work a credit cards while every other line is moving faster

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I've always thought it was absurd. "We've got 10 minutes! Let's sprint to our car, chug beers, then come back in before the 2nd half starts!" It never happens. Folks leave, 1 beer leads to 2, leads to watching on your neighbors TV they've rigged up, leads to you never came back. "It's my ticket, I'll do what I want with it." That's fine, but you're an alcoholic who needs their fix during a 10 minute break.

I can usually do 3-4 beers in C6, and make it back in before the 12 minute mark of the 3rd.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron