Empty seats coming out of half

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
Anyone else find that discouraging seeing all the empty seats to start the 2nd half. Sukup club and donor club on the 50 east side were basically empty, I use to go out and slam a few beers during the dreaded games but wanted to be in my seat as the noise level clearly helped, hopefully for the Okie State game everyone will do so as well. Not like they pat us down when coming in so just sneak 3 or 4 beverages in. #DillyDilly

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think it has less to do with people leaving the stadium and going back to the lots but more with with long lines at concessions and for the bathrooms.
I agree. I used to think it was the people leaving at halftime, but I think the bigger issue is the long, slow lines for the concessions and bathrooms.
If it was because of the no beer sales in the stadium, the Sukup endzone club would still be full. It was nearly empty at the start of the third.
Leaving at halftime is obviously part of it, but not the main issue.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I can only speak for my section and the one next to us (I sit on the aisle), but 90% of those coming back after the start of the 2nd half are concession and bathroom related. Its pretty easy to pick them out from those that just had a couple drinks (most that left the stadium get back right before or during the kickoff).

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Whatever the cause it looked bad and it’s not something you commonly see to that degree

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyValley

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
For those in the end zone club: does it take that long to get a beer/go to the restroom and get back to your seat in the club or do people just stay in there longer for the social/warmth aspect?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I think it has less to do with people leaving the stadium and going back to the lots but more with with long lines at concessions and for the bathrooms.
Stand at the South End Gates at Halftime...hundreds heading out to the S-lots for a quick tip and food grab. I'd say it is a culmination of this, concessions, and bathrooms. Near capacity crowds will do this...a nice problem for the program to have in late October/early November!

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
For those in the end zone club: does it take that long to get a beer/go to the restroom and get back to your seat in the club or do people just stay in there longer for the social/warmth aspect?
It will take you 15-20 minutes to get a beer and use the bathroom. The beer getting is actually pretty quick. However, the end zone club has a total of 14 urinals and 10 toilets for the guys...that's the back up...so to speak.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

^ This :)

Pre-game we had the "people suck cause they ain't buying enough tickets", "The students suck cause they won't show up", "Elderly people suck cause they can't stand and scream for three hours".

Even a big win cannot keep asshats from pronouncing judgement on other people. Just more variations on "EVERYONE SUCKS BUT ME AND PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME!!!"

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
Stand at the South End Gates at Halftime...hundreds heading out to the S-lots for a quick tip and food grab. I'd say it is a culmination of this, concessions, and bathrooms. Near capacity crowds will do this...a nice problem for the program to have in late October/early November!

Great problem to have as I have done this before. Watched the replay last night and even said this to the people that sit beside me how it was just dead compared to first kick. Kudos to the fans though for making that place loud on 1st and 2nd downs as everyone usually waited till 3rd.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Both, I'm not a small woman and thus can wait until I get home to pee so I can't comment on the bathroom specifically, but I could see it taking 10-15 minutes at halftime.