Down goes Iowa

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
If the ball, the venue, and playing 4 games in 4 days are really a problem for you, maybe take the ball inside to your All-American.
6 out of 29 from three might also suggest the same thing. But, Keegan proudly proclaimed how he had several great kickouts to shooters. So, maybe the ball did go inside but he didn't want to work for his points.

They were 5 of 27 vs us.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
If this has been posted then sorry but apparently Mr. Vitale's bracket has exploded. In part because of his misplaced confidence in Fuming Frans ability to win a tournament game.
Damn. His Natty game is already eliminated! Hoping Dickie V gets another crack at it next year!

• Agree
Reactions: brycy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Reading HR it's funny watching posters trying to find balance between complaining about the refs, but not blaming the officials for losing the game like "clown" fans would.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
Agreed on Fry. He started the Iowa arrogance. Iowa fans + media were so starved for success - they bought into what he was selling - and we were wiling to look the other way on how he got there.

I've always maintained that when college teams get really good really quickly (like Iowa did in Football with Fry) you have to wonder....

The guy was a crook.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Always has had a stink to it that they based their identity on a guy who got SMU the death penalty.
As much as I despised the late Hayden Fry, he was long gone from SMU when Ron Meyer led the Pony Express to the death penalty. The severity of that sanction supposedly saved ISU when the cheating Jim Criner led us astray

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
hi i only watched one time this year when we kicked there ass will not waste my time but was thinking who would you pick first fizer or murrury
Fizer played defense and wouldn’t be muscled out of his offense . Can you imagine this years Cyclones with him? Murray would move the offensive needle some but maybe give it back up on D. Fizer all day every day and twice on Sundays.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Dr Tom was a very good, likeable person, and for the most part that carried over to the fan base. After Dr Tom the fan base got increasingly arrogant and obnoxious emulating Alford and Fran.
Tavern Hawks and their fawning press were abrasive in the 70s and early 80s. They were obnoxious long before Dr. Tom.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot