Don't rush the court....

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Exactly. Just look completely disinterested. Calmly pick up your belongings and head to your car in a slow cautious manner.

One thing is for sure... there would be nothing that demoralizes a team more then watching the other teams fans storming the court to celebrate the fact that you just got your ***** kicked.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Why not RUSH the court?

rushthecourt.jpg

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Rushing the court is one of the great things about winning huge games. I feel bad for those fans that haven't gotten to do it or for those fan bases that think it's beneath them.

Hilton magic is such a part of the team that I think it's fine storming the court for a big game. The fan atmosphere and presence has an impact on the game so why shouldn't we be able to celebrate with the team.

I was at the Boddicker Texas game, those missed FT's are the result of the fans. Hilton won that game, and we celebrated like we did.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Really hoping that the students don't rush the court WHEN we beat KU. I get that we haven't beaten them in awhile, but frankly, I think we are the better team, and the better team acts like they been there before. But then again, if we win, I will be too pumped up to even care.
I hope we do and it becomes a national topic of conversation. Why? Because I love when people ***** about stuff when I know deep down they don't really care.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think it's more powerful to send the message that it's no big deal. We are going to be the new KU in the Big 12. (I hope) To clear it up, not an old man, good try though.

I think winning sends the only message worth damn.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We should have rushed the court at the end of regulation when we beat them two years ago.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
But KU is the higher ranked team....so does that not allow us to rush the court? But then again, we should be at the point where we should act like we have been here....

I'm in between both camps on this issue. However when was the last time you saw KU students rush after a win in the Phog?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm in between both camps on this issue. However when was the last time you saw KU students rush after a win in the Phog?

That's where that feigned nonchalance comes in. Granted, they've been pretty spoiled with wins. Comparing our current fan reaction to new-found winning with KU fan reaction to wins when they've been winning for quite a while is really not a fair comparison.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
When we win the Big 12 regular season title then we can storm the court. If KU was ranked #1 then maybe I'd understand but Fred has beaten them before and frankly there's no opponent who we shouldn't expect to beat in Hilton.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
When we win the Big 12 regular season title then we can storm the court. If KU was ranked #1 then maybe I'd understand but Fred has beaten them before and frankly there's no opponent who we shouldn't expect to beat in Hilton.

If we do that during a road game I'm going to look weird "storming" northbound along I-35 for awhile. I mean, I'll get there eventually, but not very graceful.

randogger22

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
You're right, I really don't care to be honest. Rush or no rush doesn't matter to me. I just said my opinion, and I won't lose any sleep over everyone's reaction. On to more important things.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Posting this without reading much of the thread so SIAP, but the students that would storm the court (or instigate it) aren't posting or even perusing this website. They'll be the students that go to this game and then leave their seat open for the majority of the season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron