Dom DeLira Commits

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If he ran a 4.66, that is plenty fast for a QB. I do agree that he will need to put on some weight. Hopefully this means that Mangino will limit the designed QB runs in the future.

his ESPN recruiting page said 4.8. So if it is more like 4.66, yeah, that is plenty fast for a qb

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
excited about a QB nobody has offer?

Same HS where Mangino found Reesing

Lake Travis is a perennial power in Texas HS football

They've had a string of QB's go on to play in the Big XII:
Reesing, Garret Gilbert, Michael Brewer, Baker Mayfield & now DeLira

Yeah I'm excited...

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Same HS where Mangino found Reesing

Lake Travis is a perennial power in Texas HS football
Y
They've had a string of QB's go on to play in the Big XII:
Reesing, Garret Gilbert, Michael Brewer, Baker Mayfield & now DeLira

Yeah I'm excited...

Exactly. Knock it off with the no offerz crap. Welcome to the Big 12 where you belong, Dom!

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
his ESPN recruiting page said 4.8. So if it is more like 4.66, yeah, that is plenty fast for a qb

That's about right. ESPN gets their info from the Nike football camps, where all the 40s are electronically timed. His 4.66 was hand timed. It's been mentioned time after time on here the disparity between electronic/laser times and hand clocked times, so ill say no more.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Hopefully he won't be running as much under the new offensive scheme and just slinging the ball to his receivers from the pocket so his 40 time will be a non-issue

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks to be more accurate than any of our current qbs. His location made it easy for his receivers.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
He was very accurate on a very windy day when he visited and he'll be Mangino's QB. Redshirt him freshman year and see where things go from there. He went 12-2 last year at a Texas 5-A school. And Lake Travis has a history of producing some pretty decent QB's.

Welcome Dom!

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully he won't be running as much under the new offensive scheme and just slinging the ball to his receivers from the pocket so his 40 time will be a non-issue

DeLira ran a 4.66 40. That is not too bad. Bottom line is that he was extremely accurate in a really tough wind when he came to the ISU camp. Very impressive. He doesn't throw interceptions. And is extremely accurate. Can throw on the run going left or right. And he was Mangino's choice to get a scholarship offer at QB. Same high school as Todd Reesing.

DeLira was not thought to be the favorite after Burrow committed to Ohio State. DeLira earned his schollie through performance. IMO, we have a very good one. And Mangino decided on him.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
A thrown ball is always faster than a ran ball, just ask a baseball guy. In his highlight tape he didn't break the line of scrimmage once. It looks to me like Mangino is looking for a pass first type guy rather than the hybrid.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
I don't care that he has no major offers nor am I worried about his size. Look at the tape. This kid looks the part more than most I've seen. He seems to see the field very well, even on the run he keeps his head down field. That was as a junior too so he's still got a year to develop before ever setting foot in Ames.

As far as his size, you aren't fully grown as a junior in HS. 6'1 175 as a junior could be 6'3 200+ as a freshman in college. Put him on a weight program and he's the same size or bigger than our other QB's.