Does Monte not respect Matt Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I think posters are being a little to hard on the OP here. The subject line is a little over the top, but I did also find Montes quote interesting. Not a big deal and not something that should be overblown, but ......interesting....

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That is a really good point. The question may have specifically been about Naz being back. I still think it would have been easy (and obvious) to include Matt in that statement. And this isn't even close to the first time I've noticed it.

I'm with you actually and it's something I've notice throughout the year. His accomplishments at times seem like afterthoughts in some interviews. There are also times when MT never had any touches at all but when you have an all-american i understand forcing the ball through him when things are tight.

But I don't think there is any "there" there. Matt isn't a guy that can create his own shot like GN and I think Matt deferred to MM and GN by not forcing too many of his shots. I think Matt passes up his looks throughout the year as well but again think he was differing to MM and GN simply because Matt is a good teammate (or looks like it from the TV!).

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I think posters are being a little to hard on the OP here. The subject line is a little over the top, but I did also find Montes quote interesting. Not a big deal and not something that should be overblown, but ......interesting....

Does Adam Gray not respect our posting?

Just asking questions.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
cooking_witch_2.gif~c200

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
He may be on to something. I never saw Monte pass it to Stu all year either. #blackballplayersmatter

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Monte intentionally ignored a wide open Matt Thomas too many times to count this last season. It's quite obvious. I'm far from the only one to notice.

I don't know what was intentional or not. Who knows...

But I will admit that i have also kind of felt the same way you do.

So sue me.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA

Didn't he mention Matt right afterwards? Probably doesn't consider Matt a guard

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Its pretty obvious that MT is going to test the waters and probably declare for the draft and end up in Europe or the d league next year.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I always feel like we could get Matt the ball more. Don't think it is Monte specific. I am guessing most of assists to Matt come from Georges.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I always feel like we could get Matt the ball more. Don't think it is Monte specific. I am guessing most of assists to Matt come from Georges.

Yes, sometimes when Matt is hot we go long stretches without him getting the ball and then when he finally gets a touch he takes a shot that is too deep, kind of like a "I'm hot and am not getting touches, so I have to take it when I can get it" shot.

niangstermvp

Mar 1, 2014
Its pretty obvious that MT is going to test the waters and probably declare for the draft and end up in Europe or the d league next year.
Agreed - but that's after Matt beats the living H*** out of Monte - which is videotaped & instantly spring boards Matt into a UFC middle weight title fight.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I don't think it's at all to that extent, but I do feel like there are times when Monte does not look at all Matt's way. Kane did the same thing, but worse.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm with you actually and it's something I've notice throughout the year. His accomplishments at times seem like afterthoughts in some interviews. There are also times when MT never had any touches at all but when you have an all-american i understand forcing the ball through him when things are tight.

But I don't think there is any "there" there. Matt isn't a guy that can create his own shot like GN and I think Matt deferred to MM and GN by not forcing too many of his shots. I think Matt passes up his looks throughout the year as well but again think he was differing to MM and GN simply because Matt is a good teammate (or looks like it from the TV!).

Matt can absolutely create his own shot. Have you watched him at all this season?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I'm guessing that Monte was asked specifically about Naz so he addressed that question and then went on to talk about the rest of the guys. Nothing to read into here.

Status
Not open for further replies.