Does Monte not respect Matt Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I have wondered same, but mentioning it would get myself roasted like the op.

Lol why do you even like ISU? It seems like something that produces so much negativity for you wouldn't be worth the time. Are you the guy that sees a person in sweatpants and the immediate reaction is "probably homeless, if not, will be soon"

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
He has improved on it quite a bit this year. I can agree that does the best as a catch and shoot, but this year he has a nice floater and some of his threes are off the dibble.

No quibbles on that. But until they start running isos for Matt I'll stick with my earlier comment.

And Matt has been my favorite player since his freshman year. NOBODY has worked harder on his game and progressed so far. I'd take a roster full of MTs over any other player including GN.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
All off court indicators seem to be that they get along fine. On court it does seem like Monte doesn't find him for open threes at time, but it's hard to know the reason. Could just be the offensive sets they are running or some other factor.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All off court indicators seem to be that they get along fine. On court it does seem like Monte doesn't find him for open threes at time, but it's hard to know the reason. Could just be the offensive sets they are running or some other factor.

Game threads = no one should be touching the ball except Georges! Why is Thomas and Nader shooting???

This thread = Why didn't we give the ball to matt Thomas more???

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Game threads = no one should be touching the ball except Georges! Why is Thomas and Nader shooting???

This thread = Why didn't we give the ball to matt Thomas more???

I'd say both types of threads have some severe limitations. :smile:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
No quibbles on that. But until they start running isos for Matt I'll stick with my earlier comment.

And Matt has been my favorite player since his freshman year. NOBODY has worked harder on his game and progressed so far. I'd take a roster full of MTs over any other player including GN.

Did you watch the game Friday? Matt was fouled before making a jumper, after being ISO'd and taking his defender down the baseline, shot right over the guy. They ran lots of plays for Matt coming off screens, sometimes its 3 or 4 screens into the possession so maybe you don't notice. Prohm runs things much different than Fred, Fred would ISO a guy after 1 or 2 passes, Prohm may run a play that has the intended shooter running off of multiple screens before being ISO'd.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012

Some strange reasoning there. We didn't run isos for Thomas because this team also featured Niang, Morris, and Nader, not because Thomas "can't create his shot" (your words). I guarantee you'll see a much more aggressive MT next year on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron