Does Monte not respect Matt Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
Matt Thomas had an incredible Junior year and, as Fran Fraschilla said repeatedly, he was probably the most improved player in the Big 12. He improved substantially on defense, 3 point shooting, ball handling, and driving the ball. There were a number of nights when he looked like the second best player on our team--including Friday night.

So when Monte talks about next season, why does he say: “I feel like with me and Naz in the backcourt we definitely would be one of the best backcourts in the country with two seniors?â€￾ Matt is a Senior, an all-conference selection and will be a part of that backcourt (Monte, Naz, AND Matt would all have to start on this team). To leave him out of that mention seems like a concerning slight to me.

Look, I LOVE Monte Morris! I live in Michigan and I love teasing my MSU and U of M friends about how awesome he is. I have no desire to stir anything up. I also know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this post. But I've considered posting this many times before because I've repeatedly noticed that Monte seems to not include Matt when he talks about contributions to this team. And it has seemed to me that Monte doesn't distribute the ball to Matt for wide open threes like Georges, Nader, Jameel, and Hallice do.

Georges is now gone from this team, so we are in serious need of leadership next year. Obviously Naz is the natural leader, but Monte could also provide good leadership for this team. But with leadership has to come humility and inclusion (two traits inherent in Georges and Naz). I want to see more of that from Monte.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Me thinks you're reading too much into this. For one thing, we don't know how the question was worded, which is pretty important information.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Not sure how the question was worded, but Matt will spend more time at the 3 next year instead of 2 spot

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
Me thinks you're reading too much into this. For one thing, we don't know how the question was worded, which is pretty important information.

That is a really good point. The question may have specifically been about Naz being back. I still think it would have been easy (and obvious) to include Matt in that statement. And this isn't even close to the first time I've noticed it.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Odds that OP has posted on Facebook at least once some variation of, 'If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best'?

I'm going 100%

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
The more immediate question from me is why didn't we work to get Matt more looks/shots in the 2nd half of Friday's game?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I remember Monte tweeting a video of JJ Redick winning a game with a sick shot in the NBA and saying his game reminds him of Thomas. I doubt this is an issue.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Stupid thread, Thomas may lead this team in scoring next season and will primarily play the 3 spot, otherwise known as SF. Go away drama queen.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
fIVov6Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.