Does Mike Leach remind anyone of Larry Eustachy?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
LE: 2 conference titles, one conference tournament title.

ML: No titles.

I don't see the similarity either.

Monty celebrates Larry's conference titles and tourney title in his ongoing war against JP yet he bashes Eustachy's record when it suits his insane argument? Interesting.... :confused:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Monty celebrates Larry's conference titles and tourney title in his ongoing war against JP yet he bashes Eustachy's record when it suits his insane argument? Interesting.... :confused:

I think it's pretty well determined that he isn't actually a Cyclone fan, and he just tries to rile people up.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
LE: 2 conference titles, one conference tournament title.

ML: No titles.

I don't see the similarity either.

Don't forget Larry won 1 conference title at Idaho, 3 conference titles at Utah State, and 1 tournament title at Utah State. So thats:

Larry Eustachy - 17 years, 6 Conference Titles, 2 Tournament Titles

Mike Leach - 10 Years, 0 Conference Titles, 0 Conference Title Games

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
leach is avery solid coach; eustachy was more of a flake than a coach.

Some would say that Larry E was a Drunk and of course they would be rite on the money...honey....cause that boy could drink with the best of em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
To all you negative nellie's out their in cyberland I Propose......

Monty Burns for President!!!! How could he do any worse than our last 4 presidents????????????????

btw i think the whole state of minnesota stinks...( i cant use the language that i would like to in describing the minnesotans!!)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
larry got a bad deal from Bruce Van , he had a illiness, and they should have given him a leave to get his problem in line , which he did after he left here, best thing that came out of that was Bruce V.left ISU

While I would love to give LE the benefit of the doubt and say he had an illness, I cannot. I do not believe being an alcoholic or partying to much is an illness. Cancer is an illness. The flu is an illness. You have the choice of whether or not to go out and party as a college basketball coach. Especially a big time coach as he was becoming. Those were decisions he made. Not an illness.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
While I would love to give LE the benefit of the doubt and say he had an illness, I cannot. I do not believe being an alcoholic or partying to much is an illness. Cancer is an illness. The flu is an illness. You have the choice of whether or not to go out and party as a college basketball coach. Especially a big time coach as he was becoming. Those were decisions he made. Not an illness.

You must not know any alcholics , you are very wrong on this remark

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
larry got a bad deal from Bruce Van , he had a illiness, and they should have given him a leave to get his problem in line ,

I think there would have been no problem with that if Larry had come forward on his own and asked for help. But he did not do that; instead he stayed in denial and showed no remorse until he realized the jig was up.

And we got Wayne Morgan out of the deal who cleaned up the Eustachy mess, improved our graduation rate, and took us to our only NCAA tournament in the last 8 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron