• STFU

Votes: 37 38.1%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This. You get paid close to 3 mil a year. Time to ditch your friends and hire some quality assistants. I’ll never bash Campbell to much but man, special teams and offense was an absolute **** show.
Paul tried this with mangino and it blew up in his face. Eventually, and I'm not saying he's out of gas quite yet, he's gotta look in the mirror and accept some responsibility. I think he's trying to create his own coaching tree of sorts but maybe he isn't an actual good enough coach to do that (yet)

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Does the freedom of information act allow us to request and procure the yearly reviews of Manning? I'd love to see em. Especially after seeing what they really look like from the Urban Meyer fiasco at Ohio State.

• Haha
Reactions: demoncore1031

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No, but needs to take a long, hard look at where the program is/heading right now.

Also, don't want to hear anymore of his stupid sayings/slogans.

Just fix the issues.

What slogans has he said in the last 2 years? Him not the marketing guys?

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
From Rob Gray article, Purdy quote:
"“......They did a good job of bringing blitzes and sort of getting me uncomfortable in some areas...." Purdy needs to teach Heacock about good defense.

It's not just CMC and Manning......Heacock needs to wake up or get some gas. It is only like 2.60/gal or so depending if you get it with ethanol or not. The 3 man rush that other teams laugh at us about, especically when they had what, 9 months to prepare for, is a joke. What a comedy/tragedy. the Meyer/Herbstreit/Palmer/hell even Eric Church mocking us nationally is totally deserved.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'd be willing to bet that 90% of people posting on this thread werent even born before 1990.

When you lived thru the Criner, Walden years etc...Rhodes...You arent happy with how yesterday transpired but the difference in talent on entire roster is night and day with any other ISU coach.

Something definately is not right offensively..whether it is play calling and adjustments or what... Most of last year the offense performed well...All kinds of records were broken last year.

Wondering if Kolar has missed more than just the last few days but weeks? Listening to CMC quote makes me think he's been out for weeks. Sounds like he will return soon though . Kolar is a huge weapon in passing game and I think gives Purdy some confidence.

Defense looked fine overall...Gave up 1 big play with no safety deep..We were in wrong defense. but overall Defense and DL looked good.

Only concern I have is how these coaches adjust...and...WR group. Lets just hope it was all 1st game offense woes under a Pandemic..

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes.
This was three play game. Two on ST and one bomb that a young DB got beat on.

So where did ISU have a clear advantage?

I can't think of anyone that can take a punt or kick back for ISU even if the coverage is as bad as ISU. That long TD pass looked like he just flat our ran by the secondary.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

I can't think of anyone that can take a punt or kick back for ISU even if the coverage is as bad as ISU. That long TD pass looked like he just flat our ran by the secondary.

Agree. Punt/kick returner and DB (players involved in the three plays I mentioned) were certainly not an advantage for us.
Even with all of our poor play, we led at halftime. I would say Downing, Hall, Eisworth, and our front seven were advantages over ULL talent.

• Winner

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I would have to go back and watch (I haven't and don't want to) but that long pass play where DJ Miller (24) appeared to get absolutely blown by looked like a broken play to me. Either someone missed an assignment or as someone else asserted we were in the wrong defense with no safety help deep. If it really was all his fault, Miller is a young guy, he should only get better.

I don't know who the more talented team truly was. I want to say us, but if we were more talented, then they have the better coaching staff. At least they did yesterday. I certainly wasn't impressed by their three headed running back group. Breece showed better than any of them. Thought QB play was much closer to even than I anticipated it would be, which is way more of a knock on Brock than it is singing the praises of Levi Lewis. Their WR were almost equally as bad ours. Hard to tell how good their o line was really, in comparison to ours. We rushed with just 3 all day and got 3 sacks and basically gave up nothing on the ground when it mattered. Our o line gave up just 1 sack, but if Purdy did anything well yesterday, it was getting the ball out of his hands quickly... because he had to.

Individually, they didn't have a Greg Eisworth, but they did have a CB, can't think of his name, that was basically locking down his man all day, had several pass breakups, and ripped a 50/50 ball out of Hutchinson's for an int. He was good.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would have to go back and watch (I haven't and don't want to) but that long pass play where DJ Miller (24) appeared to get absolutely blown by looked like a broken play to me. Either someone missed an assignment or as someone else asserted we were in the wrong defense with no safety help deep. If it really was all his fault, Miller is a young guy, he should only get better.

I don't know who the more talented team truly was. I want to say us, but if we were more talented, then they have the better coaching staff. At least they did yesterday. I certainly wasn't impressed by their three headed running back group. Breece showed better than any of them. Thought QB play was much closer to even than I anticipated it would be, which is way more of a knock on Brock than it is singing the praises of Levi Lewis. Their WR were almost equally as bad ours. Hard to tell how good their o line was really, in comparison to ours. We rushed with just 3 all day and got 3 sacks and basically gave up nothing on the ground when it mattered. Our o line gave up just 1 sack, but if Purdy did anything well yesterday, it was getting the ball out of his hands quickly... because he had to.

Individually, they didn't have a Greg Eisworth, but they did have a CB, can't think of his name, that was basically locking down his man all day, had several pass breakups, and ripped a 50/50 ball out of Hutchinson's for an int. He was good.

I thought they had their QB play within his abilities and Purdy is being asked to do things that aren't his strengths.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I thought they had their QB play within his abilities and Purdy is being asked to do things that aren't his strengths.
I totally agree. I watched a few other games yesterday where you see QB's who may not be as talented as Brock but performed way better because their coaches put them in situations to be successful. Our coaching staff is really underperforming and for the first time I'm experiencing a lack of faith in Campbell. Still plenty of time to right the ship, but I felt levels of fan pain yesterday that I haven't felt since the CPR era

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
........ Our coaching staff is really underperforming and for the first time I'm experiencing a lack of faith in Campbell. Still plenty of time to right the ship, but I felt levels of fan pain yesterday that I haven't felt since the CPR era

One thing about CMC, he's consistent. We should now expect that first one or two games our offense and special teams will not play winning football.

Reactions: jsb