Does anyone know Clayton Vette

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Crap, maybe there was more to him staying in Ames for that OSU game than we thought.

Note, I stressed maybe.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You can still play a few games and redshirt last I heard. I think it's like 5% of the season. Not quite sure. I do know he is very homesick last I heard. I have no idea how that effects his playing basketball though.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Can you really be homesick when you are just a couple hours from home? I don't think he would be able to get a redhirt without a medical issue at this point...

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
dang thought i posted this thread last night

i guess i forgot. Anyway was watching the end of the game hoping to see Vette come in and was worried when i didnt see him. Is he going to quit the team? I hope not, i think he will be a excellent player in a couple yrs. Hopefully he can still redshirt but im certain if its not a medical reason you cant if you played a game. Maybe hes just sick.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
No kidding, wtf? I wonder if he's an introvert and has a hard time making friends!? :unsure:

He has been in Ames since probably June hasn't he. I know some people take it hard getting use to college and what not. But like others said, he is a couple hours from home, probably has a good handful of people he knew before college at ISU. I hope it is just taking a month or 2 into the season before he gets adjusted to the college game.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I get being homesick. You have to grow up at somepoint though. Get some guts kid. I was in the Marines for 6 years. I was home sick at first but you grow out of it.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
It would be pretty unbelievable for last years Mr. Basketball to quit or not be playing D1 basketball. He just needs to hang in there and things will be fine. From what I saw of him in the Bradley game the kid will be atleast a decent player in the future.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I went to school 24 hours away at 18. The only time I got A LITTLE home sick was after christmas break, but then two-a-day practices started up and I forgot all about it...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron