Does anyone else dislike Taylor Swift?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not a fan by any means but. She writes her own songs. Which is rare for country artists. Tim McGraw and George strait do not write any of their own songs. She also plays an instrument(not great but she does). She does amazing things for her fans and charities. And she is a smokes how. I don't understand the hate.

But many artists have been writing their own songs and crossing over/blending genres (including country) for decades, and songs that require some form of thought.

People like Kenny Chesney and Co. have been out there for a long time, so maybe people see her as 'fresh' since their expectations are so naturally low.

I saw her listed on the Top 100 in Rolling Stone for songwriting and gagged a bit. It was RS, so it hardly counts (Tom Waits wasn't top 20 I don't think), but they really reached there.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
In the whole realm of currently popular people (some for talent, some for who the **** know what) she bothers me less than most.

And most fall into the, "I have NO idea who that is" category.

She seems to have avoided the, "I'm an ARTIST and here's my stupid opinion on this social-political issue." controversy. that so many of the surrounded by yes-men pampered entertainment elite do. At least none that I remember.

That being said, I wouldn't cross the street to hear her perform.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
My 2 girls listen to top 40 pop and you hear artists over and over and over to the point you can't stand them because of the repetitiveness. So, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other on Swift (she's ok), but I just get sick of hearing the same songs over and over. My 8 year old even said this yesterday specifically about her two most recent songs.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Hater has to hate and I'm a hater!! Never could stand the her looks and she has small owls. Katy Perry on the other hand has very mature owls. I could see Taylor being a stuck up snotty brassy little beotch, out of the spotlight.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I don't have an opinion of her persona and I know little about her entire music output, her talent, et al.

In the narrow sense of pure pop-radio tune, "Shake it Off" is damned-near perfect.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Hater has to hate and I'm a hater!! Never could stand the her looks and she has small owls. Katy Perry on the other hand has very mature owls. I could see Taylor being a stuck up snotty brassy little beotch, out of the spotlight.
By all accounts shes like one of the nicest celebrities and spends quite a bit of time visiting sick kids and other charitable stuff. This is from someone who would rather listen to bagpipe music or the star wars cantina theme for 10 hours instead of listening to one taylor swift album.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Mature owls?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
By all accounts shes like one of the nicest celebrities and spends quite a bit of time visiting sick kids and other charitable stuff. This is from someone who would rather listen to bagpipe music or the star wars cantina theme for 10 hours instead of listening to one taylor swift album.

To the point that the celebrity media has to get all "oooh, that song lyrics implies something nasty about her and some ex" cause they can't find anything else.

For what is is worth, I think it would have been cool if she had called Kanye a f'in ***-hole and punched him when he jumped up on stage. She didn't even trash his *** afterwards. She might be too nice.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Agreed. I see her more than probably any other celebrity on most of those types of lists. And a ton of the charitable things she does, she doesn't advertise. She just goes out and does it and it only gets out because of word of mouth. Love or hate her music, love or hate her looks, she's still a pretty genuine and good person. I've got to respect someone that actually uses their fame like that. Still would never buy an album of hers, though.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
she made the whole high waisted shorts thing popular, so I hate her for that. They are ugly and give everyone mom butt. Just because you don't have a butt doesnt mean you get to ruin it for the rest of us.

Also: Butt guy.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
she made the whole high waisted shorts thing popular, so I hate her for that. They are ugly and give everyone mom butt. Just because you don't have a butt doesnt mean you get to ruin it for the rest of us.

Also: Butt guy.
This post is glorious. I agree 100%. High waisted shorts will make the hottest girl's butt look below average.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

How about the star wars cantina theme PLAYED on bagpipes for 10 hours?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
She will be on the same stage with Kanye who is getting some kind of lifetime achievement award tonight.

Last edited: