Dobbins/Tate

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My memories are hazy from that day. We started tailgating at 6am and I almost passed out and didn't actually go into the stadium. On the way to the ticket taker I vomited on the ground. Nasty, but they still let me in. I was so drunk I ended up in the wrong section, actually in the visiting fans section so I was surrounded by hawkeyes. I can't believe no one punched me. I was so obnoxious. I guess being 6'2 and about 250 at the time helped. I'm sure I was yelled at during the game but I don't remember it.
My most vivid memory of the actual game was the pick where Drew Taint knocked himself silly on the tackle. I was freaking out and all the hawks around me were pissed.

Heilsqauvador

Aug 21, 2011
Hampton, IA
I was pretty young when I was at the game, (12?). I remember I was sitting on the hillside with some drunk female Iowa fans sitting right in front on me wearing shirts that said "**** STATE" on the back. That was a formative experience for me.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My memories are hazy from that day. We started tailgating at 6am and I almost passed out and didn't actually go into the stadium. On the way to the ticket taker I vomited on the ground. Nasty, but they still let me in. I was so drunk I ended up in the wrong section, actually in the visiting fans section so I was surrounded by hawkeyes. I can't believe no one punched me. I was so obnoxious. I guess being 6'2 and about 250 at the time helped. I'm sure I was yelled at during the game but I don't remember it.
My most vivid memory of the actual game was the pick where Drew Taint knocked himself silly on the tackle. I was freaking out and all the hawks around me were pissed.

Had a similar experience prior to the 15-13 game. Figured we were in trouble game wise so I got extremely intoxicated prior to game. I tailgate with others but was going to game with my mom. She found me nearly passed out in the grass lots where the baseball fields were. Got through ticket entry fine. As the game started I was jingling my keys (which were on a carabiner) for the opening kickoff. I pushed in on the carabiner and keys went a few rows in front of me. Got my keys back and that sobered me up pretty quick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cyhiphopp