Do you think White will ever play a game for ISU?

Will White ever play a game for ISU?

• Yes

Votes: 220 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I have to think that FH thinks there is a good shot with the appeal or he wouldn't have pursued a guy with a full set of samsonite.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Are you sure? I really don't know.

If the NCAA says he has to sit out a year I think he goes to the NBDL. Hope not though.

You only have to be one year removed from high school, it doesn't matter if you play NCAA ball. Case in point, Brandon Jennings.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Way back when ISU was recruiting White in HS, there was another MN prospect who was equally as highly rated. I can't remember who that was or where he went. Can anyone help?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Fred has my total support until proven otherwise, just like the last coach. Royce should be fine for the future. Can it be any worse than five or six of the recent members on how they blew their chances, quit, girlfriend issues, messed around, or went for greener pastures. Taylor, Ham, Colvin, German Bomber, etc.

dbqhawk

Dec 3, 2009
I am not on the hate wagon. I think it is an honest question. What if he isn't given his eligibility this year? Why not go play JUCO ball instead?

I think its a great question. Lets assume for a second the NCAA does not grant the waiver. Does he stay in school at ISU? Who knows if he can stay eligible for that year. He has not shown great scholastic abilities. At that time, he may decide to go to a JC or go pro in Europe as a way to earn some money and show the NBA what he can do. I do not think it "hate" to admit those things are possible, if the waiver does not go through.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think its a great question. Lets assume for a second the NCAA does not grant the waiver. Does he stay in school at ISU? Who knows if he can stay eligible for that year. He has not shown great scholastic abilities. At that time, he may decide to go to a JC or go pro in Europe as a way to earn some money and show the NBA what he can do. I do not think it "hate" to admit those things are possible, if the waiver does not go through.

From what we've been reading on the board here, the scholastic abilities have not been a problem. In fact, those have been his best showing at Minnesota (from what's been posted around here).
It's the decision-making process outside of the classroom that's been an issue. I think that Coach Grayer will be a real help for him in that. After all, that's what he was doing before he got here. He has a good background in exactly that sort of thing.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I think he will be a two and done if he can play this yr, one and done if he has to sit out. Pencil him in the 2012 first round

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

3.2 for the semester he went to school. Do you want him to have to qualify for Oxford?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think if he sits out there is a very good chance he will still play for ISU. The fact that he came here speaks to that. I think he could have taken the easy route and gone to Kentucky where he would play with other top 20 talent, improve himself and take off if he never played but going to ISU i think shows he is committed to becoming a different person. He probably realized that if really wanted to make it to the NBA he was going to have to put in work and prove that he can not only play but that he can stay away from trouble so that a NBA team will be willing to pick him.

LEBRON23

Jun 11, 2010
Hey those who can find neg things in all actions need to just realize Fred is three times as smart as you and that is why he is the coach and u are asking questions? Nice work TJ and Fred.... #2 PF at ISU is nice......

i'm saying its stupid because of course he's gonna play at some point..

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Give me a break people. Do you really think all of these scenarios were not discussed face to face in his transfer recruiting process? These questions were not just asked by ISU, you can bet Kentucky and the other schools did too. Why else go after him if it depended on getting a waiver granted?

FH and White have a plan, whether the waiver is granted or not.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron