Do you think we can get Floyd to come back??

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Mayo's handler said it was Tim Floyd who personally handed him the wad of cash and he was shocked Floyd himself showed up to do it. Very shortly thereafter, Floyd was gone. I'd say that's pretty damning evidence that, as far as I know, TF has never tried to dispute. If he did, I never heard.

I was told he was going to dispute it, when he went to the AD/University they told him they were not going to support him. They were already under investigation for the football program.

The handler's story is pretty suspicious. Why would he tattle on Floyd, why would Floyd do it himself, and why would it only be $1000?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Sounds like you are totally clueless. He has won 6 conference titles in 18 years. That is a great coach, period. Your original statement was to throw out two of the years he was here which is completely ridiculous, just like most of your posts and logic. I can list great coach after great coach who haven't won that many conference titles at schools with traditions that are extremely better than Iowa State, Utah State and Idaho in that time frame. People who think he was only great because of Tinsley are clueless.
What did he do at Iowa State without Tinsley?

Todd Lickliter has 3 conference titles in 8 years of coaching....is he a great coach? That's what I thought.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I think that we need to put 100% of our support behind what we've got... I'm sick of thinking about the future. The talent is there. National championship: this season. Even if we lose every conference game, I will be cheering for a sweep of the B12 and NCAAs....

Reactions: CycloneErik

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Mayo's handler said it was Tim Floyd who personally handed him the wad of cash and he was shocked Floyd himself showed up to do it. .

This is true, however, I would like to hear this individual say this, under oath in a criminal trial. Does anyone believe these Pimps tell the whole and nothing but the truth?

I just can't believe TF would be that flagrant, or dumb ....

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Thats how recruiting works with every program in the country. People who act like the head coach is not responsible for hiring their assistants are extremely naive and have no clue how college sports work at all.

Yup I realize that... Big time... What you are failing to realize is that LE is now 74-74 since leaving ISU and in his 3 years without Tinsley he didn't finish better then 9th in the Big 12.

He hasn't even finished in the upper half of his current conference since arrival. Sooooooo... I realize he has 2 conference titles with us and 3 or 4 before Iowa State, but he had great assistants then...

If he was such a great coach, why can't he win now??

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I'm all about supporting the team, but seriously after 4 years and the talent we have and the fact that we just about got BEAT by north dakota state a 5-10 the other day just make you think there is no way we can make much of this year. Coach has not shown any adjustment in the game to get brackins more in the game, or any improvement in our weak parts of the game.

fcmc

Mar 18, 2009
Urbandale
Do I have to remind all you..... We have $2.5 million dollars owed if we buy out a contract that runs till 2015. Then money to hire a new coach... Our athletic department is using state money already, and the BOR says we can't do that anymore.

So get out a check book... And forget about these bong dreams.
For every drop of 1,000 people in attendance average for a season, you can figure lost revenue of $500,000.
It's really not going to take as much as you think for Greg Mcdermott to start costing the University more money than the buyout would cost.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The handler's story is pretty suspicious. Why would he tattle on Floyd, why would Floyd do it himself, and why would it only be $1000?

The $1,000 payment that was uncovered was likely one of many installments.

Tim Floyd is never ever coming back, people. Please try to accept it. We'd be better off bringing back Johnny Orr.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
You have no clue what you are talking about. He had problems but recruiting was not one of them.

ALL THE FOLLOWING COMMITTED TO ISU IN ONLY 5 YEARS WHILE HE WAS COACH:

Jamaal Tinsley
Kantrail Horton
Tyray Pearson
Jake Sullivan
Jared Homan
Jackson Vroman
Tim Barnes
Curtis Stinson
Will Blaylock
Adam Haluska
Shane Power
Damien Staple
Tim Barnes
Ernest Brown

If you you think that list isn't extremely impressive in only a 5 year period at a school like ISU then you need to stop posting anything on ISU basketball because you have absolutely ZERO credibility and are just wasting everyones time with incredibly stupid opinions.

I'm no expert, but haven't the rules for recruiting changed since Floyd was here (maybe because of Floyd)? Wouldn't it be a lot tougher now to do what he was doing back then?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Sure we will -- just give them a guaranteed nine year contract and announce that their job is safe because every one of their first 3, 4, or 5 years on the job is considered their first year. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Seriously, that type of deal is what we're going to have to give any solid coaching candidate in any sport to come to ISU, given Jamie's track record.

Because Paul Rhoads, Kevin Jackson, and Christy Johnson-Lynch are doing such TERRIBLE jobs here.

But Jamie Pollard didn't hire them...

How you haven't been banned is mind blowing. You're clearly nothing more than a ****** bag who can't make a logical argument beating some personal vendetta into the ground.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Yup I realize that... Big time... What you are failing to realize is that LE is now 74-74 since leaving ISU and in his 3 years without Tinsley he didn't finish better then 9th in the Big 12.

He hasn't even finished in the upper half of his current conference since arrival. Sooooooo... I realize he has 2 conference titles with us and 3 or 4 before Iowa State, but he had great assistants then...

If he was such a great coach, why can't he win now??

+1

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
What did he do at Iowa State without Tinsley?

Todd Lickliter has 3 conference titles in 8 years of coaching....is he a great coach? That's what I thought.

He's won 6 titles in 18 years, only a complete idiot would say he's only won with Tinsley, which appears to be what you are.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
He's won 6 titles in 18 years, only a complete idiot would say he's only won with Tinsley, which appears to be what you are.

Who cares how many conference titles he won against junior colleges in Utah & Montana? His record as a NCAA D1 head coach is pretty mediocre.

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
Mayo's handler said it was Tim Floyd who personally handed him the wad of cash and he was shocked Floyd himself showed up to do it. Very shortly thereafter, Floyd was gone. I'd say that's pretty damning evidence that, as far as I know, TF has never tried to dispute. If he did, I never heard.

Are you ******* kidding me, you are taking OJ Mayo's handler's word.

Floyd was sacrificed for the Football team, and anyone stating otherwise is living in Fantasy land.

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
And tim did not know that? Either he was stupid or he looked the other way. Anyway you sell it, he was part of the deal. When the best player in America says he will play for you, the red flags should go up .

I stated in my post he knew what was going on. He should have known better than to sign Mayo, who didn't do crap for him anyway. But to call him a "disgraced cheater" is crazy.

Crazy I say!

He was sacrificed so USC boosters can continue to attract quality FB players. PERIOD.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I'm a complete idiot, and I agree with him. What he's saying, and we've both said 1000 times, is that he only won here with Tinsley. Without Tinsley, even with his own guys, he has a very unimpressive record.

The higher the competition level, the less he's able to do. Look at Southern Miss. He's not doing so well.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
I'm a complete idiot, and I agree with him. What he's saying, and we've both said 1000 times, is that he only won here with Tinsley. Without Tinsley, even with his own guys, he has a very unimpressive record.

The higher the competition level, the less he's able to do. Look at Southern Miss. He's not doing so well.

He's won 4 conference championships without Tinsley, its ridiculous to say you can't count those years as well but apparently thats how stupid some people on this thread are. Throw out 40% of any coaches best years like you are doing for his ISU tenure and its not pretty, that is how stupid your argument is. Southern Miss is one of the worst jobs in DI basketball. Even counting Southern Miss he has still won 6 titles in 18 years at 3 DI schools that don't have a history of winning, that is the sign of a great coach, period.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron